22. That Motivated Friend

Dev

Her demeanour sated me as I glanced her between my work. She would smile for a millisecond and then turn blank filling in the desire to rush to her to know what exactly she was feeling.

They say mothers connect to the child in the womb and when the child does something mother knows. Thought of her yelp when the baby would kick her womb made my heart platter. But that was taking time of course.

Her hands went on to make a woolen clothe for our baby. I remember my mother do it when Anya was on her womb. I loved caressing her stomach and pestered her as to when my sister was coming out.

I glanced at her again before composing a business mail and sending it to the respective partner. Later I reviewed the important documents and reports which were meant to be done last week.

Yeah! Last week. I was busy to get my wife her regular checkup she was assigned. I was so proud to know that she was doing well than what was expected. Doctors said she was happy and so the baby was. Our little champ.
I tried probing each corner of the report when I heard a giggle. She giggled and her head lolled back on the relaxing chair.

My eyes snapped at the little bulge of her stomach. It was about two and half months already gone and rest would flyaway too with her giggling to something I wouldn't know.

"What are you feeling? " I asked out of curiosity and her brows knitted in confusion.

" Nothing. " She mumbled before biting her bottom lip and smiling again. I could see her heavy lashes covering her brown orbs from being watched as they lowered a bit.

" I too want to giggle if you like. " I said casually to get her wider smile and those eyes glistening in happiness.

" Today at supermarket one baby boy came and wrapped his fingers around my fingers crying for his mom. " She said laughed pointing her middle finger of right hand.

I gave her small smile and got back to look at my files when she added after a minute, " and now I imagined you holding our babies hand merrily. "

That was it! This alien feeling I always wondered about.

We shared a good amount of smile for so long when another question propped in my head.

"You don't need to make them. We will buy some beautiful and warm clothes for her. " I suggested her.

"We will do that too but I want to make it for our baby." She said happily and I noticed the speed.

When I first caught her knitting she wasn't this fast. I don't know how many clothes she already finished knitting.

"What is it? " I asked and she smiling said.

" This a yellow Beanie. " She chanted putting her hand inside the half done wool.

" What else you already made? " I asked her closing my file and leaning towards the laptop screen. I was bulking with work each day to my surprise as it never happened to me. In fact I remained up do date. Point was that my work and winning were my drug.

She almost jumped on her seat excitedly like a small kid and started to say," Two sweaters but they are not so good. One blue monkey cap, one pair of yellow sock. "