4. Help Me Please

Arohi

I made coffee for him just as he liked. One and half spoon sugar and lots of coffee or he would throw it in my face. He did this on third day after our wedding.

My hands trembled as I walked back to the room where I spent my night. Yesterday he mumbled a lot in his sleep. Collecting enough strength I walked to his bed. He was sleeping on his stomach mumbling things.

I got much closer to him. And caressed his arms. He eased and as I turned to go back to sleep I felt my food come to my mouth when he caught my wrist.

"Don't leave me. " He begged and his hold tightened. My heart fell and I sat beneath his bed.

" Please don't go Sanya. "

Sanya? Who is she now? And then I felt the hurdles between us. There are lot of it but biggest one is mystery to unravel.

" I don't know your past. I just understand you." I thought but I quoted it too.

Sitting there beneath his bed, my mind replayed all his curses he threw at me, harsh glares and deeds that would offend anyone. I woke up before him and went to follow his rules.

He made rules for me. What after what. I couldn't see myself any other thing than his slave. Bound slave.

I married this devil who is so soft Inside. Just sell these things made him so hard to crack to reach his heart. My legs felt heavy as I felt my heart heavy with grief. I nervously walked towards him.

He was wearing his tie in front of the mirror with his back to me. His fast working hand slowed as he saw my reflection in the mirror.

'where the hell were you? I want my room clean. ' or ' I think you are making yourself so comfortable here, don't you? '

I didn't heard anything. I waited and waited but nothing came from him.

I kept the coffee in the table and got to clean the room. I was making the bed when he took the coffee and went without cursing me.

Breakfast. He mostly ate in his office. I made him Aloo Paratha today and I knew he wouldn't touch that. He never ate the food I made for him but wanted me make it for him everyday.

Except that he drink the coffee or throw that in my face. I think that's why he would drink it and curse me for not getting the taste he preferred or it was his ways to break me. I don't know.

I took an hour to clean his room and rushed to other room. Seeing computer and books in the shelf placed neatly my heart ached. I wanted to study enough, do something big and earn respect. That dream remained dream now.

I had nothing else to do after cleaning up. Just to wait for him and let him rape me brutally.

I am coward. I couldn't stand up for me. I never did and never will.

I concluded and tears fell down my hand. I looked at that drop and laughed at myself.

"You can do this only. You were, is and always will be weak. "

I came out of thoughts when Kamla maa called me urgently. I saw bad news in her face. What happened now?

" Arohi, Arun .. Arun. Talk to him. " She handed me her phone.

" Didi, mother vomited blood now. She is unconscious didi. I don't have money and doctors are not checking her didi. What should I do? "

He was crying on the other side and I couldn't calm him. That day he came asking for help when Dev misunderstood me. He saw paleness of my face. He understood here too things were not good for me. We people can read each other.