1

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

2016

ERIK POV

I grabbed the phone from the nightstand and dialed the number but she wasn't answering. I rolled my eyes and stood from the bed throwing the phone back. I went to my bathroom and looked my reflection on the mirror. I looked tired as I've never been. I rolled my eyes again and got in the shower, maybe this will make me feel better.

Just when I was stepping out I heard my phone ringing so I ran back to the room and I slipped on the floor and landed on the bed just in time to take the call. I saw the annoying face on the screen.

"Finally... If I die you'll never find out at the moment, just like three weeks later." I said.

She laughed on the other line.

"Please stop being this embarrassing... I was busy. What's up?" She asked.

"Yeah I imagine – I said sitting on the edge of the bed – Not much just...It's my free day." I said.

"Oh nice! We should do something." She said.

"Yeah, what are you up to?" I asked.

"Hmm – she started but suddenly I heard a voice on the back.

"Wait – She said and tried to cover the loudspeaker but I managed to hear what she was saying.

"Please just give me five minutes.." She said.

"Fine whatever." A male voice answered her.

"Okay umm... Do you want me to come around to play FIFA?" She asked.

"Only if you want. I mean, I hope I didn't interrupt anything-

She made a weird "Pff" sound.

"Please... You didn't interrupt anything important. I'll be there in an hour." She said.

"Okay." I said, she blew a kiss and hung up.

I sighed and looked at my phone screen. It was a picture of us on our trip to Brazil on 2014, when she visited me during the world cup tornament. I smiled at the view.

***

I heard her yelling at the door.

"I thought you weren't opening." She said making herself at home. I laughed and closed the door behind her.

"Welcome." I said extending my arms but she sighed loudly and threw her bag to the nearest chair and then threw herself on the couch.

"I am hungry." She said.

I sat next to her on the couch and looked at her. Her eyes were a bit red.

"Have you been crying?" I asked but she looked away and grabbed the remote.

"Of course not, don't be silly." She said doing zapping.

I took the remote from her hands to catch her attention.

"Matilda?" I asked.

"What?" She asked serious now.

"You've been crying." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"It was nothing." She said returning her eyes to the tv.

I turned it off and called her name.

"Erik what do you want!?" She exclaimed annoyed this time.