22

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

MATILDA POV

The light of the morning coming through the window woke me up. I turned around and saw Erik lying next to me. His hand rested on my waist in a protective way. I smiled at the view. He was shirtless with one hand under the pillow and the other on me. His cheeks were red and his full lips slightly opened. He smelled like perfume and soap and his skin was warm.

I thought about cooking breakfast to surprise him or maybe to make the situation less awkward since I just slept with my best friend. But we both wanted it, right? I shook my thoughts and tried to move his hand slowly so I won't wake him up. Successfully I stepped outside the bed and went to the bathroom. I washed up and change into one of Erik's t-shirts and a pair of shorts and went tip toeing to the kitchen.

I grabbed some eggs, flour and milk and tried to do some pancakes. I added some vanilla and raspberries to the mix with a pinch of salt and some sugar and placed the pan to get hot while I waited I decided to make some coffee too. I wanted to surprise him today since I really didn't know how he was going to wake up. I didn't know if he was going to be angry at me for let "last night" happen or maybe he'll wake up happy, at this point I have no idea.

I poured two big spoons of my pancake mix in the pan and let them cook when I turned around I saw a shirtless Erik leaning on the door frame. He was only wearing the same pair of sweatpants he wore yesterday, his arms were crossed on his chest and he had a blank look on his face.

Is he mad at me?

I took a couple of steps closer to him, eyeing him carefully. His eyes were clear blue and they were smiling to me even though his lips remained motionless.

"Erik?" I whispered. He let out a wide grim and pulled me towards him, burying his nose in my neck, his hands on my back and down to my waist. I couldn't help but smile inside. I threw my arms around his neck and soon I was on my tip toes due to the height difference we had. We both were smiling like idiots.

"Good morning." He whispered, our noses rubbing against each other. The picture was really cute, I can imagine.

"Good morning." I said kissing the corner of his lip.

"How come I feel so comfortable doing this?" He asked pointing with his head the little space between us. I knew what he meant, by that he meant us, being... something.

I laughed.

"We've been knowing each other our whole lives after all." I said and he chuckled.

"Better that way, right?" He asked and I nodded.

I thought it was going to be awkward between us the next morning but thanks god I was wrong, it wasn't awkward at all. Soon Erik made a confused face and looked around, his eyes wide opened.

"What is that smell?" He asked.

I looked around and then it hit me.

"The pancakes!" I exclaimed. We both ran towards the stove and the – now burnt – pancakes were fuming in the kitchen.

"Oh god!" Erik exclaimed.

There was a light steam in the kitchen, Erik ran towards the stove and turned it off and started agitating his arms around to scare the fume away. He looked like crazy and I started laughing. He looked at me with wide eyes and after a few seconds he joined me and laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. Me cooking? I don't know why I had that dumb idea." I said and he shook his head.