Epilogue

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

1998

"You must eat the whole breakfast otherwise how do you expect to grow big and strong?" The mother asked her child.

The boy was looking through the window, a tangle of blond hair was the only visible thing from the driving mirror. The boy kept quiet as he played with his fingers.

"Erik?" His mother asked. He moved his head aside and nodded.

"Fine." He simply said and his mom smiled at him.

"Good." She said arriving the school.

Erik looked through the window and saw a woman standing on the entrance. She looked happy and was receiving the kids. She had glasses and a green coat.

"Who is she?" He asked her mom pointing at the young lady.

"She's the teacher." She said.

The mother parked the car and stepped outside, helping Erik get off and closing the door behind him. She grabbed his lunch box as he walked next to her with his big backpack. He held her hand as they approached the entrance.

"Hello there, you must be Erik." The lady in glasses said, the little Erik hide behind his mother's long skirt. She smiled sadly.

"I am sorry. He's nervous." She apologized to the teacher and she nodded back.

"It's okay." She said kneeling down to see Erik better.

"Hi Erik. I am Leyla." The teacher said extending her hand, but Erik was too afraid or shy to take it.

"Erik come on honey, I don't have all day." The mother said, he looked at her from above with puppy eyes and nodded with a sad face. He took a step forward and looked down to the floor, extending his hand to Leyla.

Leyla carefully shook hands with him and he finally looked at her to which Leyla melted due to his incredibly beautiful big blue eyes.

"Are you worried about something?" She asked Erik and he nodded.

"He left some friends behind." The mother said and the teacher nodded in understanding.

"I see... So you're worried that you won't make friends in here?" Leyla asked and Erik nodded slowly.

"I don't think that would be a problem Erik, look.." She said pointing to a boy who was arriving the school as well.

"Daniel?" She asked the kid. The kid looked at her and came running.

"Good morning Miss Weiss." He said.

"Good morning Daniel. Look who we have here, a new friend. His name is Erik and he comes from another place called Pirmasens." The teacher said to Daniel.

The brown haired boy looked at Erik and smiled.

"Do you like frogs?" Daniel asked Erik but he made a pout and shook his head.

"They're ugly." He said and Daniel looked at him confused.

"I have to go." Daniel said and Leyla sighed loudly.

"I am sorry, he really likes frogs. But hey... Let's meet another friends okay?" She said standing from the ground and grabbing Erik's lunch box from his mother's hand.

"Come Erik." She said showing Erik the way. He turned to look at his mom, she made a couple of thumbs up to him and gave him a reassuring smile.

Finally Erik followed his teacher and did his way to what was going to be the biggest adventure of his life.