17

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

MATILDA POV

"How do you feel?" I asked him. He was sitting in my bed, next to me. He shrugged.

"I am fine." He simply said.

I noticed bruises and a bit of blood on his sweater.

"What happened there?" I asked pointing to his stomach.

"I got a cut. I can't remember how." He said looking down.

I reached his sweater and pulled up. He froze but he didn't move. I saw the bandage and a bit of blood.

"Does it hurt?" I asked and he nodded slowly.

I sighed. I hated seeing him hurt, all because of me.

"Your dad was here today." He said and I looked at him sharply.

"I saw him." I said.

"He was really worried about you." He added.

I shrugged.

"I couldn't care less-

"Matilda stop it." He said and I opened my eyes widely.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"He's your father for fucks sake. You almost die, you need to put this irrational hate aside

"Excuse me? Irrational?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"It happened a long time ago, he apologized for it. Let the man live." He said moving his head aside, I shook my head.

"I can't believe you're on his side." I said crossing my arms on my chest. He shook his head and sighed loudly.

"I am not. I am always on your side. But you can't ask me to hate him when I seriously don't feel like to. I actually like your dad. He's a good man werther you want to admit it or not." He said and I opened my eyes widely.

"How dare you?" I asked clenching my teeth.

"Enough. You're not gonna get mad at me, not after we've been through." He said grabbing my hand.

The door opened and there were two male nurses pushing a bed.

"Not especially when I am moving here with you." He said.

I frowned.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I'd asked to move rooms and now I am you roomie." He said and I laughed.

"Seriously?" I asked and he nodded. The two male nurses placed his bed near the window, close to mine.

"That is perfect." Erik said to them.

"Thank you." He added. The two male nurses nodded and left the room. He turned around and smiled widely.

"So, what do you think?" He asked and I laughed.

"It's like we are kids again. Like a sleepover." I said and he laughed but then he made a pain face, taking his hand to his stomach.

"Sorry." I said and he nodded.

"Don't worry."

***

After dinner we watched a movie and then the nurse came in to give us the medication.

"Please behave." She said with a smirk.

I looked at him confused and frowned.

"He's my best friend." I said and Erik nodded.