16

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

MATILDA POV

I couldn't understand.

W hy Alicia? I asked. He quickly opened his eyes widely and then looked down to his hands. He was nervous.

"You introduced me to her." He simply said. I sighed.

Really Erik? I've introduced you several people before.

I shook my head.

"Right. It was my fault, wasn't it?" I said sarcastically.

"I didn't meant it in that way- He started but I cut him.

"It's okay I know which way you meant it." I said still shaking my head. I knew.

"Is there anything you need to say?" He asked me out of the blue. I shook my head in response.

"Nothing... Just, things were better before." I said and looked away.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I shrugged. I didn't want to talk about it.

"You know... When we were kids" I said, feeling a sad smiling forming on my lips.

He remained silent and suddenly one of the creepy bullies entered the room. He stormed inside and his face was red.

We looked each other quickly, me and Erik and stood from the ground.

"You two are not allowed to talk!" He shouted at us.

"But why?" Erik asked. The guy looked at him and clenched his fists.

"YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HATING EACH OTHER!" He yelled.

I frowned. What is he talking about?

He quickly walked towards Erik but before he could say something erik knelt quickly and kicked him between his legs with his shoulder. The man opened his eyes widely and took his hands to his pants, his face was red in pain but Erik quickly stood up and threw a punch to his face with his other elbow and another one and another one. The man fell onto the floor and then I walked towards him and kicked him several times. I could feel the tears running down my face. This man was part of all my suffering, mine and Erik's.

I noticed Erik looking for something on his pants. The Knife.

"The knife." He said with a big smile holding the knife in the air. He quickly cut the gray tape of my hands and I did the same to him. We looked each other and then felt something on the ground. The guy was moving so Erik looked for the chair that was at the corner and hit him one again in the head.

"Is he dead?" I asked but he shook his head.

"He's only knocked out." He said grabbing my hand and walking out the door.

"Are you okay?" He whispered to me as we had our eyes wide opened. I nodded in response.

Suddenly out of anything, the other guy surfaced and came running towards us. Erik pushed me aside and the guy tackled Erik. He started throwing punches to him and the knife flew away and it landed on my feet. I was shaking.

I saw how he tried to strangle Erik. Erik's face was red and I knew If I didn't do anything, he'd kill him. I grabbed the knife and walked slowly towards them. Just when the guy felt my presence. He looked up and I nailed the knife on his throat. The blood splashed everywhere including Erik's face. He had his eyes wide opened. He was breathing so fast. I took a couple of steps backs as I saw the guy walking around with the knife on his throat. He was trying to speak but he couldn't. Erik was recovering from the choke.

The guy looked at me with hate and came walking fast toward me. He pulled a knife out of his boot and I ran but he grabbed me by the hair and stabbed me on the stomach. I felt a sharp pain but then something pushed the guy aside. I fell into the floor with my hands on my stomach. I saw Erik grabbing the guy by the shoulders and throwing him to the other side of the room. He grabbed the bloody knife of the floor and stabbed him on the chest. The man stopped moving and then Erik turned to me. I saw his blue eyes before everything went dark.

"Matilda?" I heard his voice.

I opened my eyes again and I was on his arms.

"Matilda please." He yelled.

"Erik- I said but I noticed that every time I talked my stomach would hurt like thousands of swords being nailed into me.

"Shh don't talk. We're getting out of here." He said.

We stepped out of the barn and there was a black car. He grabbed the keys from his pocket and opened the car. He laid me down in the back seat.

"How did you-

"Shh. It's okay. I grabbed the keys from the pocket of the other guy." He said sitting into the driver's seat and quickly I heard the sound of the engine. I breathed out.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be fine now." He said looking back, towards me.

I felt cramps on my stomach. I was in pain.

"Please, stay with me." He whispered. I saw fear on his eyes. They looked a bit dark now, maybe because it was dark outside or maybe because I knew him better to know that he was petrified.

He turned back and started driving with only one hand, the other hand was holding mine. I've never felt more safe in my life. The last thing I remember was his beautiful blue eyes. Staring at me. I felt in peace in that moment because he was with me and that's only I cared about.

***

I opened my eyes and I was laying on a bed. In a white room, a very cold one.

The hospital.

"He made it." I whispered myself.

Slowly I took my hands to my stomach and raised my robe. There it was a big cut but it had a perfect needlework. I didn't feel any pain which I guess was good. I looked around in the room but I was alone so I pressed the bottom to call the nurses.

After a few seconds a nurse entered the room and behind her I saw that pair of blue eyes. He was so worried he followed her but then he ran towards me and hugged me. He smelled like soap and had clinical clothes. White sweatpants and a white sweater. He was soft and warm.

"Mati." He whispered.

"Ouch." I said he quickly stepped back but I grabbed him by the sweater and pulled him towards me.

"Not just yet." I said and hugged him back.

I felt his smile forming against my cheek.

"I am sorry." He whispered.

"For what?" I asked.

"For everything." He said.

I caressed his hair. His hair was freshly washed. It wasn't wet, but it is always smooth texture that was once bathed, was like touching silk.

I smiled too. I was happy.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He whispered.

I shook my head.

"You still gonna have to bare me around." I said, he leaned back to look at me and laughed.

"Miss Pauls?" The nurse interrupted.

I looked at her. She had a warm smile.

"How do you feel?" She asked and I nodded.

"I am great." I said looking to Erik now. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I knew I was safe especially because he was with me now.

_

Rockets of love,

G.