8

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

MATILDA POV

I stepped out of the shower when I heard my phone ringing. I ran to my bed and grabbed it. I saw Erik's face on the screen.

Should I answer? I mean, after all I behaved really weird last week on his house. I decided to ignore the call and put on some clothes. After taking my lunch, the phone began to ring again, it was Erik.

I shook my head and finally decided to put him out of his misery.

"Hey." I answered.

"Oh my god Matilda, are you okay? I've been calling you for the past week, I even when to your apartment and called thousands of times but you never picked up." He said a bit worried.

"I am fine. I was busy with work." I said.

"Wait.. What? You have a job now?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. I thought that maybe it was time to go and find my own money." I said walking around my apartment.

"Does your parents know about this?"He asked.

"Sure." I said but he caught me lying.

"They don't, right?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes again. Why is he like this?

"No. And they can't find out. They'll force me to go to university and you already know how I feel about it." I said.

"This is ridiculous." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"There's nothing wrong with going to the university Matilda. You sound like a child." He said.

"First of all how dare you and second of all, I am not in the mood to be lectured. So I am just going to say goodbye now-

"Wait, wait." He exclaimed.

"I am sorry. I just- I miss you." He said with that tender, warm voice of his.

I sighed but remain silent.

I've missed you too.

"I was just thinking... Maybe can I come by and bring burgers? We could watch a movie." He said.

I shook my head.

No. I don't want to see him right now.

"I am sorry Erik. I have stuff to do. Maybe another day?" I asked.

He cleared his throat and I could feel him nodding from the other side of the phone.

"Sure. I understand... At least.. Can you tell me where are you working?" He asked.

"Yeah.. It's a coffee shop. Downtown." I said.

"Which one-

"I have to go. Goodbye Erik." I cut him.

"Goodbye Mati." He said and I hung up.

I sighed and looked around my living room. I saw the pictures on my wall, the ones Erik loves the most. There was tones of pictures of everything, but my favorites where the ones where Erik and I featured. I couldn't help but smile, everytime I see them.