5

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious.

_

ERIK POV

I arrived home and I took a long bath. The only thing on my mind was that trash can that Matilda was dating. The anger grew inside me at the thought. What if he came back to her apartment and tried something stupid? After all, he had a key to the entrance door downstairs. I still don't understand how Matilda could be this stupid. 

I grabbed my phone from the floor and dialed Monika's number, which was the police officer. I had to make sure Matilda was safe. 

"Hallo?" She answered.

"Monika? This is Erik – Hmm you were tonight on Matilda Pauls' house-

"Of course I remember Mr Durm are you okay? What can I do for you?" She asked quickly.

"Well... I just wanted to know Tom's status?" I asked.

She sighed.

"You know we can't give you that information." She said.

"I know, I know. But please... I returned home and I am a bit worried about Matilda's safety. What if he comes back to her place?" I asked.

She remained silent for a few seconds and later I heard some typing in a keyboard.

"Just a minute." She said.

"Sure." I said waiting.

"He was released under bail." She said.

Fuck.

"But I highly doubt Mr Turner will show up on Miss Pauls house." She said.

I rolled my eyes when I heard his last name.

"So if I was you I'd be calm." She said.

"Why would you let him go? He's dangerous!" I exclaimed.

"We can't really arrest him. We arrived in time yes, but he didn't have any weapon with him, so he didn't represent a real threat." She said.

"Really? What about the punches he gave me?" I asked.

"It's not really a major reason to arrest him Mr Durm. I am really sorry." She said.

I sighed.

"Fine. Thank you for your help Monika." I said.

"Always happy to help. Have a good night Mr Durm." She said and hung up.

I rolled my eyes and took a towel and stepped outside the bathtub. I ran to my room and put on a pair of sweatpants and a sweater, some snickers and grabbed my phone and car keys and drove back to Matilda's apartment. I called her once I arrived.

"Hallo?" She answered. Her voice was a bit raspy now.

"Mati I am downstairs." I said.

"What? What are you doing here Erik?" She asked a bit shocked.

"Come on, open." I said and soon I heard the electric beep indicating me that she opened the door from her apartment. I ran upstairs and she was standing in front of the door, with her arms crossed on her chest. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a sleeveless shirt, barefoot like always.

"Hey." I said approaching to her.

Her eyes were big and they were a bit glassy. Her hair was wet.