27

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

MATILDA POV

Erik finally agreed to see a therapist and even though he wasn't too happy about it, it has been the most amazing decision he had made. The therapist was friends with his parents and practically saw him grew up so Erik trusted him.

It has been 3 months already since the day I found him lying in bed on his apartment and he has made a great progress. He talks and laughs and he even returned to the club last week and started playing this week. There's definitely life in his eyes again.

I smiled to myself remembering the night he asked me to move in with him. It was the night before I found him alone and sick. He looked so cute, he had shaved and his cheeks were pink again. We were watching a movie in the living room and once the movie ended I checked the clock and saw it was 12:15 am so I stood from the couch and grabbed my coat. He followed me with his eyes.

"Are you leaving?" He asked quickly, moving in the couch.

"I should go now, it's really late. Are you going to be okay?" I asked and he looked at me with puppy eyes.

He looked down and frowned.

"Please don't go." He said swallowing hard. I moved my head aside.

"Erik-

"Please... Do not leave me." He insisted. His eyes going glassy again. I sat next to him and grabbed his hands.

"What's going on?" I asked. He pressed his lips together.

"I don't want you to go – I nodded in understandting. "Okay I can stay over tonight." I said and he shook his head.

"You don't understand... - His voice cracked – I don't... I don't want you to go ever again." He said and hugged me tight.

I jumped when I heard the phone beeping. I checked and it had my father's name on the screen, I quickly answered.

"Hey dad"

"Hey Titi, what you up to?"

"Not much. I am going to see Erik's game tonight, you wanna come?

"Oh sure, I would love to, what time?"

"7 p.m."

"Perfect. I'll pick you up at Erik's."

"Great, till the dad."

"Okay bye sweetie." He said and hung up. He had always wanted to come to Erik's games but never got the chance.

I spent the whole day working in a project for school. I had to take pictures of nature so I stepped outside to the park that was a few blocks away from Erik's building and took some pictures. Then I returned to Erik's apartment and saw Mrs. Archetta stepping outside her apartment.

"Mrs. Archetta!" I exclaimed. She saw me and smiled widely.

"Matilda, how are you sweetie?" She asked giving me one kiss in each cheek.

"I am great. I just wanted to thank you for bringing us the food trays. Frank told me he took the trays back and thanked for us but I wanted to do it in person." I said and she nodded.

"It's fine. I imagines you two have been busy with everything. It's okay." She said with a warm smile.

"The food was amazing and Erik loved it. It definitely made him feel better." I said.

"I am glad I helped somehow." She said caressing my hand.

"Well, it was nice seeing you. Have a great day. She said goodbye and I went inside the apartment.