18

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious. 

_

ERIK POV

The nurse left the room and I walked towards her and grabbed her hand. I sat slowly on the bed, next to her. Her hand was really cold and she looked at me with big eyes but I didn't say anything.

"I am fine, really- She started.

"You can't be fine, you scared the life out of me. What happened?" I insisted. I needed to know.

"The nurse just told me it was anxiety. I am overwhelmed because I just realized I am back to my normal life. They say these kind of events we went through can be quite traumatic." She quickly said.

Her full lips were telling me something but her big blue eyes were telling me something else, a lie. She was lying and I know her way better to be 100% sure that she's lying.

I did not insisted.

"I understand. But there's nothing to be afraid. We're fine now, okay?" I said, letting it go.

She looked at me like a puppy and nodded slowly.

"Great! Now what you suggest we should watch?" I asked, lying by her side and grabbing the remote.

"I don't know. Whatever you want is fine." She said and I looked at her in amaze.

"Whoa. I should document this. This is the first time you say something like this." I joked and she tried to laugh but didn't succeeded.

What is going on?

***

I woke up and saw Matilda lying in her bed, she was still sleeping. I checked the clock and it was 9:23 am. I quickly went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. The breakfast was already in my bed when I stepped outside. I could feel my wound hurting in my abdomen.

I went to my bed and sat to eat my breakfast, soon a nurse entered and woke Matilda up.

"Miss Pauls, your medicine." She said softly. Matilda opened her eyes and jumped, looked around quickly like she didn't know where she was but when she say my face, with my mouth full of porridge she exhaled and closed her eyes in relief. She nodded and sat down to take her pills.

"How are you?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Fine." She said as she took the water.

"Your breakfast will be here in any minute Miss. As for you Mr. Football player, we have to change that bandage in a minute." The nurse said and I nodded quickly.

She left the room and closed the door. Matilda was staring at me.

"You eat like an animal." She joked and I almost spill my food.

"Oh look at this. Miss Pauls got her humor back." I said cleaning my mouth and she smiled sweetly.

"How did you sleep?" I asked and she nodded again.

"Fine I guess.. – She remained silent, playing with her fingers.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She looked at me quickly and opened her mouth to say something but suddenly the door opened and Alicia stormed inside. She looked at Alicia and then back to her hands and shook her head.

"Erik!" Alicia screamed running towards me.

"I am so sorry. I was out in London. I was dying to come but I didn't know who to talk with to ask about you." She said grabbing my face between her hands and kissing my cheeks.