23. Sadistic Bastards

PART TWO: BREAKOUT

CHAPTER TWENTY- THREE: SADISTIC BASTARDS

------

TEAM ARROW, TENNESSEE , USA

------

Oliver was lucky to get any sleep after Sam had told them the news, Felicity had turned into a whirlwind. She packed and checked her phone before crawling back into bed, before jumping back up and grabbing three more things, always babbling to herself until Oliver finally threw a pillow at her. "Go to sleep," he groaned, using his own pillow to cover his face from the bright lights she had been turning on and off.

He felt the pillow hit his side and hazarded a look from behind his fluffy shield. Felicity glared at him with narrowed eyes before reaching over to the dimmer switch and cranking them all the way up. Oliver groaned and shielded his face again. "Woman, the island didn't kill me but you might!" she nudged him halfheartedly and he buried himself deeper in the blankets.

"It's time to get up, we have to leave in thirty minutes!"

He removed the pillow completely and looked at the clock to check, it was indeed almost 6:30 am. Sighing he heaved himself out of bed as Felicity continued running around packing. He emerged ten minutes later with his backpack in hand and what he was sure would count as a 'resting bitch face'. Felicity held a coffee out to him as he stepped into the kitchen and he eagerly accepted it and the apple she held out in the other hand.

Sam came in through the front door drenched in sweat and heading for the fridge where he pulled out a green smoothie. "Road in ten minutes, where's Barry?" he asked clearly having been awake for a while. It was then Oliver noticed the convenience store bags on the table. He looked between Felicity and Sam with a look of disbelief as they chatted on animatedly. They had already been out and back? Not ok. 

"Has anyone every told you Winchesters that you're far too cheery in the morning?" he quipped, taking deep gulps of his coffee, urging the caffeine into his system. The siblings only looked at him in amusement. He could see the similarities in their expression then and he shook his head in disbelief, taking another sip. Sam disappeared to the shower a moment later and Felicity began loading up the Mustang. "You mean I have to be stuck in the car with the pair of you?" he sighed, not looking forward to the chatter. "I'm calling Barry," he finally announced, making his zombie-like way to grab his phone.

Eventually, they found themselves sitting in the car, waiting for the speedster. Oliver was in the back, much to his displeasure but as Sam was a giant, he got the front seat. He let his head fall back against the seat and resisted the urge to groan as the classic rock started playing. It was bound to be a long ride.

In typical Barry fashion the Flash showed up ten minutes late and one terrible Come Sail Away rendition later. "How is it that even with super-speed you can't show up on time?" he mused as Barry climbed in beside him. However, Barry didn't bring the relief he thought he might. No, Barry Allen joined right on in with a singing voice that made Oliver want to punch him in the vocal box. No one deserved that many talents.

-------

Thirty some odd hours later of fuel ups, driver changes, food, classic rock and one heated debate later, they landed in Nashville. Sam was in the driver's seat, Barry in shotgun and Oliver sat in the backseat with Felicity's sleeping head in his lap. He never thought he'd be so happy as to see a run down motel and the Winchester Impala as he was then.

Whether it was the sound of a vintage car that drove Dean Winchester out of the motel or a gut feeling, Oliver didn't know but he met them in the parking lot. Charlie was there too he was happy to see, both of them looked particularly exhausted but they still walked them through the information they had found.