15. Show You The Devil

PART ONE: RUN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: SHOW YOU THE DEVIL

------

TEAM ARROW, STARLING , USA

------

The white van that Diggle manned swerved into view and Oliver dove for it under a hail of gunshot, letting the motorcycle skid across the tarmac. "Felicity," he shouted from the flat of his stomach on the currently safe side of the panel van.

"Oliver, what's going on?" her tension filled voice sparked to life in his ear and made him shiver despite the situation. He wasn't sure now if her voice was a godsend or a distraction but either way he felt better with her on the other end of his comm line.

"The car on Traverse isn't our guy, he's-" he rolled and loaded his bow, hazarding a look over the hood of the car to spot their suspect and letting it fly. "He's on Queens Avenue, do you think you can get an ID?" Diggle climbed out of the van, keeping low as he came up beside him, gun in hand. He grabbed an incendiary Arrow and in a quick, fluid movement shot towards the sedan the man ducked behind.

"Oliver, I can't he's too far from the nearest street camera, there isn't a clear enough picture of him," Felicity admitted and Oliver cursed as he and Diggle ducked behind the hood and let the bullets whiz overhead. He glanced around to the buildings nearest them in a halfhearted attempt at spotting a security camera.

"What about Alonzo's, do they have cameras on their patio?" He stood again and released three arrows as fast as his arms would allow him to, only just evading gunshot.

"Still too far out of range-" she answered, her voice taking on a desperate tone. Oliver rested his back against the tire as he stared at the closed restaurant weighing his options.

"Is that the closest camera?" he finally asked, evaluating the potential cover options.
Felicity didn't answer and he knew the answer - yes, that was the closest camera and if she could see anything she would know that there wasn't much cover between the two. "Felicity!" he shouted again, his voice more urgent as he released two more arrows.

"Yes!" she blurted in defeat, "yes, but Oliver there's no way you could make it across there without getting yourself shot." He looked at Diggle who had been listening in silence and the two shared a knowing look. Diggle angled himself towards the restaurant for a better look before finally weighing in.

"You've got a concrete garbage bin, a bush and if you make it all the way to the patio there's stacked furniture," Diggle didn't look entirely confident but the look on his face said he knew what was coming. The man sighed and turned back - their delay had caused the assailant to cease his gunfire- if only for a moment.

"I'll cover you, you cover for me" he offered, though the words were not necessary as the question itself came out as a statement. They were a well synchronized machine and he was already poised to run the twenty feet to the trash bin. There was a pause and Oliver watched Diggle for his cue. The man inhaled deep and closed his eyes and Oliver could have sworn he was counting to himself before opening them. With a deliberate nod Oliver took off, keeping low and moving as fast as he could.

The assailant had been taken off guard and the bullets didn't start firing until Oliver was within a few feet of the small concrete bin. Diggle was true to his word and fired rapidly as Oliver tucked himself behind the small concrete barrier the bin provided. He took two steadying breaths and then shouted out to his brother in arms. "Now!" Oliver sprung up and Diggle made the break, Oliver keeping the assailant cowering under a barrage of arrows until he was within feet.