24. Faerie Bullshit

PART TWO: BREAKOUT

CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR: FAERIE BULLSHIT

------

TEAM WINCHESTER, TENNESSEE, USA

------

Felicity had some interesting theories, but she was cautious in voicing them and Sam could tell in her face that she wasn't entirely convinced of her own ideas herself. Charlie on the other hand, who was more than used to submerging herself into fantasy worlds had a number of outlandish theories. Her favourite seemed to revolve around the sigil in the car being a sign that they were on the right track and if they looked closely they might actually find them in other places that could lead them to the gates. The gates or someplace called Camp Half-blood. Whatever Camp Half-blood was, she didn't seem to think that was very likely. 

Sam watched his brother brew over the damage to his car, stabbing his pie aggressively. At the velocity his fork was hitting the plate, he wasn't all too sure the pie would be gone and a large crack wouldn't remain in its place. But Sam knew how his brother was, give him a day or two and he'd figure out some way to fix the damage and then it would be forgotten. God hope whoever did it never crossed the eldest Winchester's path, he couldn't guarantee how 'forgotten' it would be then.

Barry chipped in on Charlie's latest ramblings about this 'Camp Half-blood' and Felicity was quick to join in. Oliver sat tucked in close to Felicity's side but his eyes were glued on Sam and flickering behind them was a warning loud and clear- hurt Felicity and I won't hesitate to kill you. He needed to tell him, get the guy on their side again. They had seen before what a divide in the team could do. 

When Oliver wasn't looking at the brothers like he wanted to fillet them, he was looking at Felicity with such sadness it felt like you could count down the seconds until that relationship fell apart. These emotions would tear them apart, that was one thing even Dean never realised. The decision doesn't just affect one person, the feeling of helplessness would and could eat you alive. Watching Dean go through it had been enough to make Sam rethink everything.

That made his decision. Despite not being Oliver's best friend, he couldn't let the guy carry on like this. It wasn't healthy for any of them, especially him.  

"Hey uh, Oliver? Can I talk to you for a sec?" Oliver glared at him and Sam was sure the only reason he finally agreed was the sharp elbow jab Felicity landed to his ribcage.

This request seemed to catch Dean's attention but Sam gave him a small shrug as if to say 'no big deal' before leading the way outside. Oliver started to walk left, where he would be in eyesight of the table through the window when Sam grabbed his arm and pulled him to the right and around the corner. "What is this about? Are you about to sugar coat more impossible promises Winchester? I don't want to hear about your infinite deaths and trips to hell-" 

Sam sighed impatiently and checked over his shoulder again to assure himself that Dean hadn't followed them out. "She's not going to die," he cut Oliver's rant off. It didn't have the effect Sam had hoped for as Oliver let out a bitter laugh that sent shivers up his spine.

"So that is what this is about," he stated angrily and Sam resisted the urge to punch the guy in the face. "Nothing you can say is going to change the facts, Sam-"

"Her deal's off," he interjected louder than intended, grabbing Oliver by the shoulders to shake some sense into him. His action caught the attention of a couple heading into the diner. He gave them a half smile and an awkward wave that seemed to assure them there was nothing to see here. As soon as they were out of sight Sam gave Oliver a small shove of frustration.