27. Sacrifice

PART TWO: BREAKOUT

CHAPTER TWENTY- SEVEN: SACRIFICE

------

TEAM ARROW, TENNESSEE, USA

------

Oliver waited for the signal, what exactly that was, he wasn't entirely sure but he'd been informed he'd 'know it when he sees it'. For a few minutes that dragged on like hours, he thought it was never going to come and then Sam got a call and he looked to Persephone for the green light. Did this mean now? Were they going to finally get this over and done with? 

The moment she gave the okay, he was stepping into action. Step one of their plan was for Sam to move on foot. Oliver peered over the edge of the balcony, pulling the hood of his sweater up and making himself as nondescript as possible. When he saw Sam point out the 'crazy lunatic on the rooftop' he shot in their direction.

It had the desired effect. People ran screaming and crying. 

It went like shampoo after that- lather, rinse, repeat. Until it didn't. It became quite evident that all they had managed to do was bring the visitors outside, and he was more than certain the Parthenon was host to more than one employee. So needless to say there were still a number of people inside, probably watching the other half of their group destroy the place in some manner or another. 

Oliver retreated from the visible lip and called Sam who answered with an encouraging "this isn't working."

"Well, what do you suggest? It's not like we can burn the place down," Oliver retorted, their first plan of distraction obviously failing. 

"Well," Persephone started, appearing at his shoulder and making him jump, "we could-"

"Pull a fire alarm?" Oliver suggested, remembering a time in one of his high schools where he had done that exact thing to get out of an exam. Oliver hazarded another glance over the edge to see people still watching the rooftop, pointing and conversing with each other. He had no idea how he was going to get down from here, but he supposed he would deal with that moment when it came. 

Sam turned and looked at the building entrance again with a posture that Oliver was sure joined a 'no shit' facial expression. The call was ended and he watched Sam begin jogging towards the door before he stepped out of sight again. If this worked, Dean would hopefully have the water going and Barry would have the lighting generator in place.

He could hear the alarm go off and the voices of more people joining the crowd outside. The building should now be empty minus a crew trying to open a gate to the underworld but - details. "Hey, what makes up the portion of the opening that is death?" Oliver asked over his shoulder, watching the crowd grow as he crouched down. He waited for a moment, expecting to hear an answer.

As the pregnant silence expanded and expanded he finally turned to see an empty rooftop. His phone began ringing and his stomach dropped as he seen Sam's name on the screen. "Sam?"

"Get down here, someone's called the cops," he advised and Oliver scoffed at him mockingly. 

"Aren't you Winchesters supposed to be the masters of escaping the law?" He heard the sassy Winchester's sigh before the youngest brother began explaining it rather bluntly. 

"It's not that easy Oliver, there are circumstances that allow us to be of use to the right people... it's complicated," he sighed again. He snorted at the response, had he said bluntly? He meant vaguely. Still, he jogged the best he could in a crouch to try and find a way off of the roof.

"Hey Sam, is Persephone down there with you?" he could hear Sam's pause in the way the crowd around him filled the speaker up. The bow disintegrated in his hand then and he felt his chest constrict.