Chapter 8

Wow I did not realize it had been a month since I updated. Sorry about that.

Anyway some questions are answered in this chapter and Rosalie's actions in Twilight and the beginning of New Moon are explained.

For the purpose of this story Edward never asked Rosalie to switch clothes with Bella when they were running from James. Just in case someone was wondering why it wasn't mentioned.

Bella POV

Emmett was staring at me. We had just gotten to Rosalie's apartment and I opened a couple containers of food on the coffee table. Apparently Emmett decided I needed every last bit of Kung Pow chicken, chow mien and beef and broccoli the restaurant had because I had three containers of each.

Rosalie went to the kitchen and came back with a glass of milk. I glanced at her surprised. "I heard milk is good for humans," she said shrugging.

I laughed. It was such a strange thing for her to know or even care about. Then something hit me. "You have human food here?" I asked surprised.

"Yes," she said slowly. "I had human food the last time you were here too." I blushed in embarrassment. I had forgotten about that.

"Right," I said feeling stupid.

"Anyway, what are we going to do?" Emmett asked bouncing in his seat.

I shrugged and shoveled another forkful of chow mien into my mouth. I would let the two of them decide. I didn't want to bore them with what I considered fun. I did, however, want to get Emmett alone so I could talk to him.

Rosalie was studying me. Probably trying to figure out what I wanted to do but Emmett couldn't stand the silence. "Xbox," he yelled, causing me to drop my fork in surprise. Rosalie glared at him though I don't know why. He wasn't that loud. I was just easily startled.

"I don't have an Xbox here," Rosalie said. Her tone made me think she didn't like the game systems.

"Well in that case I will have to go buy one," Emmett said getting up. I quickly shoveled more food into my mouth. This was my opportunity to talk to him alone. Somehow I doubt Rosalie would want to go shopping for an Xbox.

"Can I go with you?" I asked. For the first time since I had known them I managed to surprise Emmett and Rosalie.

"You want to go?" they both asked. Rosalie's tone was disbelief while Emmett was excited.

"Yes," I said biting my lip nervously. Rosalie was giving me a strange look and her eyes darkened. "Can I?" I asked again when the vampires didn't say anything.

Suddenly Emmett got an evil look in his eye and I knew I was in trouble. "Sure you can come," he said grinning. Rosalie stared at him for a moment before smirking. She knew whatever he was up to and liked the idea. "But," he added before I could be happy. "You have to let me buy you two Xbox games and you're not allowed to complain about your birthday present."

Crap, I thought. I really wanted to go with him so I could talk to him but I didn't want him to buy anything for me. He doesn't know how badly I want to go. Maybe I can negotiate with him. "How about one game and I promise not to complain about my birthday present," I suggested. My heart skipped a beat as I waited for him to answer. Emmett and Rosalie's heads cocked to the side when they heard my heart.

Emmett paused for a minute, stroking his chin. It looked like he was thinking about it. That was a good sign. "I agree," Emmett said slowly. My heart jumped. Was it really that easy? Rosalie scooted closer to me. "But for every time you do complain I will add another game."

"Alright," I said groaning. This was going to be more difficult than I expected. Was it really worth it?

I looked at Rosalie. She was studying me, much like she had been over the last couple days and I got my answer. Yes it was worth it.