Chapter 12

Sammy McCallister- Yes Bella is Rosalie's true mate.

Konohashinobi07 - Emmett's disappearance is explained, as to why Bella didn't bring it up. She was simply too excited to see Alice and Jasper and on top of being sick she just forgot.

Rosalie POV

I could feel how happy Jasper was for me. He didn't have to project. Alice and Jasper watched me gently stroke Bella's hair as she slept. I felt bad for my mate. Being sick was never fun. I remembered one time, when I was human, I had gotten sick and it was miserable. I could only imagine how my Bella felt.

"She's happy," Jasper said. "That's good. I would hate to see her emotions when we left."

"She had no emotions when we left," I said sadly. "She was an empty shell and from what I can tell it didn't change until I came back for her."

"She loves you," Alice said.

I stared at her. "It's true," Jasper agreed. "I doubt she realizes it but she does love you." He pushed several emotions to me. "This is what she felt for Edward before her birthday." I felt love, longing and a small amount of fear. "This is what she feels for him now." There was still a hint of love but it was mostly anger, sadness and betrayal.

"Now this is how she felt for you before," Jasper continued. I felt respect and familial love. "And now." Her feelings for me were overwhelming to say the least. I felt love, devotion, longing, some uncertainty, fear of rejection, desire, even lust. It seemed her fear of rejection and low self-esteem is what is keeping her from realizing her feelings.

"She really feels all that?" I asked in awe. I never thought a human's feelings could be so complex or strong.

"Yes," Jasper said. "She's also afraid she won't be enough for you. I think that's what's holding her back, what's keeping her from admitting she loves you. She had the same problem when she was with Edward. It's just stronger now."

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"Kiss her," Alice suggested innocently. I glared at her. "What?"

"I'm not going to kiss her," I said firmly. I wanted to, God how I wanted to but I wanted to be sure it was what she wanted. She had to be sure of her feelings, not some experiment, even though if she did want to experiment I would be more than happy to do it.

"If you would just make a decision about her I could tell you what happens," Alice said frustrated. I chuckled. I kept changing my mind on purpose. I didn't want her to see what would happen because I was scared. "I do see you two together," she added. "I've always seen that though it was occasionally mixed with visions of her and Edward." I growled softly so I didn't wake Bella. "Now I don't see them together at all."

I couldn't help but smile at those words. The one thing I hated most was that she ended up with Edward in Alice's visions. I could handle, well barely handle, if Bella wanted to be with a human, man or woman, that could give her everything I couldn't. But for her to be with my brother, a brother that knew she was my mate, I couldn't deal with that.

"Fevers going down," I muttered after feeling her forehead again. True she was always warm to me but I was able to tell when it wasn't normal.

Alice closed her eyes for a second. "She should be mostly fine tomorrow," she said. "Tired but feeling better."

I shifted slightly so I could grab my phone. "I'll call Charlie, see if he will let Bella stay the night," I said.

"He won't have a problem with it," Alice said before she started snickering.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing," she said a little too quickly for my liking.

It was pointless to try and get any information out of her so I dialed Charlie's number and waited. "Chief Swan," Charlie answered.