Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Carlisle came off worse than I originally intended but he's not a bad guy, just confused and misguided.

Also, should Edward be a bad guy or somewhere in the middle? Unfortunately, I can't make him a complete good guy.

Bella

Even though I knew they were coming I couldn't help but be surprised to see Carlisle and Esme again. Carlisle and Esme were smiling at me and it looked as if they were doing their best to ignore Rosalie. That pissed me off because they didn't seem to care about Rosalie's side of the story.

Carlisle sniffed the air and rounded on Rosalie. "What have you done Rosalie?" Carlisle demanded. It wasn't the best greeting considering he hadn't seen us in quite a while.

Rosalie smirked. "Well hello to you too Carlisle," she greeted. I tugged on her shirt, hoping it would warn her to behave.

"Rosalie," he growled and Rosalie tensed up in front of me. For the first time Carlisle truly looked like a vampire instead of the gentle doctor I always viewed him as. I tightened my grip on Rosalie's shirt. I was actually scared of Carlisle, scared that he might hurt me, or worse hurt Rosalie. Esme seemed to notice my fear and rested a hand on his shoulder.

Carlisle turned his attention to me and Rosalie growled. She was not happy he scared me. "It's good to see you," he said softly.

"Hello Carlisle, Esme," I whispered.

Esme took half a step forward but froze when Rosalie growled at her. She was in full protection mode and wouldn't let anyone near me. "Why did you do it?" Carlisle asked.

"Do what?" I asked confused. I expected Carlisle to be upset about our relationship but there was something I was missing. Why was he so angry when he just got here? We hadn't done anything wrong.

Carlisle glared at Rosalie. "She doesn't know," he spat. "He will kill you for this, you have to know that, and I won't stop him. You ruined his mate for him. How could you Rosalie?"

"I did nothing wrong," Rosalie hissed crouching down in front of me. "And Bella was never Edwards," she roared.

"Rosalie," I said softly, stroking her back in hopes of calming her down. I know she's angry. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. But I didn't want her to hurt Carlisle and regret it later. Though I admit he did deserve it for making accusations like that.

I heard someone take a deep breath, most likely Carlisle, but I didn't really care. Rosalie froze for a minute, trying to compose herself before doing anything. That usually happened when she was angry and she didn't want to snap and scare, or hurt, me.

She stood up and pulled me into her arms, nose buried in my hair. My scent calmed her. I had noticed that since we had gotten together. "He can smell me on you," Rosalie whispered, though Carlisle and Esme could still hear him. "That's what he was talking about."

I blushed. I had forgotten about that. That would explain why Carlisle was upset. Me smelling like her was a warning to other vampires to back off. It looked like that didn't work out too well. "Bella," Carlisle said softly. I turned to the man I used to view as a father. "We can fix this Bella. Once Edward gets here the two of you can leave together. You two can finally consummate your relationship and hopefully Rosalie's scent will be overpowered by your mates."

My jaw dropped as I listened to him. He wanted me to sleep with Edward so I wouldn't smell like Rosalie. What the hell was he thinking?

I tried to launch myself at Carlisle so I could hit him, despite the fact that I knew it would hurt me in the process, but I couldn't. I was in Alice's arms. I wonder when that happened. I looked around and saw Rosalie was struggling against Emmett and Jasper.