Chapter 16

Chapter 16
Rosalie POV

The blood in the room was overwhelming to say the least. It was everywhere and it assaulted my senses like nothing I had ever experienced. The only thing keeping me, and my siblings, from draining what was left of Charlie was the fact that he was Bella's father and she would hate us. I couldn't do that to Bella and neither could my siblings.

I looked around the room after I finished biting him. I wiped the blood from my mouth. We didn't have much time. Alice had said we only had a couple of hours to get out of here and there was so much to do still.

My clothes were covered in blood as were Bella's. We needed to get changed and burn the clothes. That was just the beginning. "Emmett," I said turning to my brother. "Can you get Charlie upstairs and get him out of those bloody clothes?" Having a newborn wear bloody clothes was not a good idea. After Emmett was changed we left him in his clothes as we didn't have clothes for him and he destroyed the house trying to get to what was left of his blood.

Emmett nodded, pulled Charlie off the ground and took him upstairs. Bella watched Emmett leave with her father. We had about thirty minutes before the venom reached his heart and the pain began. Charlie had to be out of the house and on the road by then.

"Bella," I said turning to my traumatized mate. My dead heart broke at her reaction to Charlie and I would do anything to see her smile again, anything to get that haunted look off her face. "We need to get you out of the bloody clothes and into the shower."

"Rose I can take her," Alice said.

I shook my head. "I'll do it," I said. I could even bring myself to react to the idea of Alice seeing my mate naked. "Can you get me and Bella some clothes?" Alice nodded and ran out of the house, to Port Angeles for my clothes. I made a decision to call her and ask her to pack up what she could from my apartment so she would get a vision and already know. Satisfied that it worked I turned to Jasper.

"I'll get Charlie's clothes and anything he may want to keep packed up. Then I'll get some gasoline so we can stage his death," Jasper said. He was uncomfortable being around all this blood and was fighting his desire to drink it. I was proud of him. It seemed our practice did wonders for him.

Jasper left the room and I pulled Bella into my arms, covering myself with even more blood. I focused on her heartbeat and breathing so I wasn't tempted by the blood. The good part was Charlie's blood only held half the temptation to me as a normal human as his blood smelled very similar to Bella's. It wasn't quite as floral as Bella's. I would never tell Charlie, so he could keep his masculinity intact, but his blood was almost fruity.

I carried Bella to the bathroom and carefully shut the door so I didn't startle her. She hadn't spoken since she begged me to save him and it scared me. It was almost as if she were catatonic, like when I found her in the woods. "Don't push her," Jasper muttered from Charlie's bedroom. "She's still processing everything. She will talk when she's ready."

Emmett could be heard ripping Charlie's bloody clothes off and tossing them aside. He ran out of the room and filled a bucket with water so he could wash the blood away. Every few seconds he would run back to the kitchen to clean out the towel and bucket.

Leaving the bathroom door unlocked, as no one was stupid enough to come in here when I was taking care of Bella, I carried Bella to the shower. "Bella we need to get your clothes off," I whispered softly. The last thing I wanted to do was make her uncomfortable.

Bella didn't say anything, she just nodded. The clothes were already ruined and needed to be burned but I gently took them off and threw them aside with more force than necessary. I didn't want Bella to see Charlie like that but in a way it was good that she did, otherwise we might not have realized Charlie was alive in time.