-11-

-11-

It was next morning. The question that’s on your mind will be, “Did they do it?” Yes, they did! They fulfilled the custom of the bride losing her virginity. Devika had taken birth control pills, so she wouldn’t be pregnant.

Devika’s POV

The sunlight passing through the curtains shone directly on my face. I squinted and opened my eyes. I blinked a few times to get adjusted to the light and checked the time on the small alarm clock beside the bed. It was 9AM.

 I pushed the blanked from my face and suddenly felt cold. I found out I was naked from head to toe. I blushed at that and ran to the wardrobe. I took out a washed out pair of blue jeans and a white sleeveless flowy top. I could dress casually as there were no family members. If they were there, she would have to drape a saree.

I fished out clean pair of undergarments and rushed to the bathroom. I took a warm shower which relaxed my muscles. I scrubbed all the sweat from yesterday night and squirted lenient amount of shampoo on my hair.

After smelling like a spring flower, I changed into my outfit. I left my hair open as t wasn’t dry. I went outside and saw that Zayn was still sleeping. He looked so cute asleep!

I went down and raided the fridge for something to have for breakfast. All I saw was a loaf of bread. I took it out and buttered them to make toast. I saw a carton of orange juice too. I checked the time and it was 10AM. I slowly made my way upstairs to wake Zayn up.

I shook him on his shoulder, “Zayn...its 10...Wake up...”  He mumbled something incoercible and tossed the other side.

“Zayn....Wake Up!” I said a little louder. He didn’t respond.

“Achha...Aisa hai kya? (So, it’s like that then?)” I asked. I took the ends of my wet hair and waved it in front of his face. Droplets of water fell on his face and he scrunched up his face.

He woke up...finally! “Vaas Hapenin..?” He asked in his morning throaty voice.

“Freshen up, breakfast’s ready!”I said and went down.

He went to the shower. He took an hour and 15 minutes to get ready! I bet he took all the time to style his perfectly perfect hair! Sigh..

We ate out toasts in silence and drank the juice.

Zayn and I planned to go out for dinner that night. We had a blast and returned home utterly tired. I showered and slept off quickly.

2 weeks later:

It has been lovely, being married. Zayn has been a very caring and lovely husband.

Today was the day the teaser of my song would be released! I can’t wait for it and neither can Zayn. He’s been super supportive and I love it.

It was 11Am and the song would premiere any moment on the TV. We browsed throught different music channels until a big flashing ad came.

It said, ‘Premiering first on our channel is the first song released from Dhoom 3! Give it a listen!’

We watched it. I loved it! I can’t believe it was me on the screen doing those moves, beside me, Zayn was staring at the Tv with an open mouth. “Uh...Zayn..?” I asked and shook his shoulder.

“How was it?” I asked. I feared that he wouldn’t like it and ask me to stop dancing forever. “Was that even you?” He asked softly.

“Well....Yeah, I guess it is.” I said and he shook his head.

“You...But...You were marvellous, love!” He suddenly exclaimed, making me jump. He chuckled and came over to me and kissed me full on the mouth. When he pulled back, he smiled his toothy grin at me. My phone started to beep violently.

I checked it and saw my Twitter mentions had been blown up! “Oh My...”I whispered.

I never changed my twitter name, you know and I’m gonna do that now! I went to my profile and changed my twitter name from ‘DeVkaShrma’ to ‘DeVZMalik’ I liked the way it sounds!

I got a notification and saw that Zayn just tweeted beside me.

‘zaynmalik1D: Dear wifey just set our TV on fire with her moves! Luv da new name, love! @DeVZMalik’

A lot of people had posted the video on twitter and mentioned me. In the first hour, the song teaser had over ten thousand views! I can’t believe this!

My phone went off and it was my producer, “Hey! Has you twitter blown up, lately?’’ He joked.

I chuckled and said, “Yes, sir. It’s been crazy! Thank you so much for the chance. It’s like a dream come true! I can’t thank you enough...”

“It’s always a pleasure dear. Now why I called you now is to inform you of the premiere of the movie. Yes, you’re invited! You can bring your better half with you if you would like to...”

“That’s....great! I’ll ask him about that..” I smiled and he said, “It’s on the 20th! I’ll message you the details and we’ll see you there!” and with that he hung up

I suddenly shot up from the sofa and did a complicated happy dance and started squealing.

“Uh...Normally, happy dances are supposed to be simple and crazy. Only you can make it so difficult and complicated...” Zayn chuckled beside me.

“I’ve been invited to the premiere of the movie! And you can come with me! Eeeeeeep!! Lemme call my mum and dad!” I screamed. My eyes were round as Galleons (Pardon my Harry Potter reference! ;))

I called my mum and she was super happy, just like me. She said she was proud.

Weeks later:

Day of the premiere:

Today was the premiere of the movie. I have gained a fandom in the few weeks, after the release of the song to be precise! It has been great! I’ve been complimented and did my first phone interview with a radio station! It’s taking a while to sink in...

Next week, this time, we would be in London. Zayn’s got to go on a tour. And the best part was, since we were newly married, I was allowed to go on tour with them. I politely refused at first, saying I don’t wanna come in between the boys and him.

“But you won’t!  All of us are friends, right, so why do you think you’ll come between us?” was his reply! What am I to do at that, plus I got so many puppy dog faces skyped by the boys!

And I agreed, I was going on tour with the guys.

I and Zayn changed into decent dresses for the premiere. Zayn was wearing a black tuxedo, with a white shirt, with an opened bow tie on his neck. I was dressed in knee length dress. It was dark purple velvet strapless on the top and white frilly skirt on the bottom. There was a huge white rose on one side of the bodice (picture on side>>)

Lou came over and she touched up my face. I stepped out with a sparkly clutch in my hand and my feet in sparkly heels. My lips were painted in red and my eyes rimmed with kohl to bring them out.

I hope I don’t embarrass myself!