-47-

-47-

Zayn’s POV

We were making small talk with each other about the time we weren’t together when a nurse barged into the room and informed us, “Ms. Irani is showing signs of waking up. You may meet her” and she left.

Just then Devika got off the bed and rushed out the door. Khushi got off with difficulty and managed to run behind her. I got down confused and followed them, behind me the lads.

I had never seen this girl whom Devika called sister and I’ve never heard of her either. How come I never met her at our wedding?

I saw Khushi and Devika run into a room and I reached the room seconds later. These two ladies had very long legs, no wonder they run so fast!

I walked into the room to see a girl wrapped in bandages all over her arms and face. Her right leg was in a plaster and her eyes were closed. Exhaustion etched clearly on her face.

Devika and Khushi went on either sides of her and held the frail girl’s hands. The girl’s eyeballs rolled and she slowly opened her eyes. As soon as her eyes set on Devika and Khushi beside her, her pale lips stretched into a warm smile. I saw the boys behind us and they left outside, seeing the private exchange.

“Sanaya....You got us so worried...N-Never do t-that ag-again...” Devika said through tears.

“Sorry” She managed to whisper out. Khushi then enquired, “Maussi, aap theek ho (Are you okay?)”

“Haan, beta...(yes)” She whispered out. Then her eyes fell on me and confusion showed. She looked at Devika once and they conveyed something with their eyes, which were very expressive.

Devika nodded once and Sanaya smiled at me.

I went forward and smiled at her and said, “I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Zayn Malik...Devika’s...” I started off and looked at Devika with a smile and completed, “Devika’s husband...”

Devika gave me a stunning smile of hers.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Sanaya Irani, her sister....” She said softly.

“I’ll let you meet the lads....Guys?” I called out to the rest of my band.

One by one, my band mates entered the white room, smiling at the figure on the bed.

I went near Sanaya and said, “Sanaya, meet the rest of One Direction officially. That’s Liam” I said pointing to Daddy Direction who smiled and said, “Hi, love; nice meeting you”

I next pointed to Louis and said, “That’s Louis, we call him Lou for short, and you can too...”

Devika spoke up and said, “Lou, don’t hug her like you did when we first met!”

Louis rolled his eyes and said, “Very funny, D” and poked his tongue out. He continued, “It’s good to meet you, love” He told to Sanaya.

I next showed Harry and he came over, planting a kiss behind Sanaya’s hand and said, “Harry Styles is the name...Charmed, meeting you” He winked and left. I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see Devika giving Haz a look that clearly read watch-it-Curly! I chuckled silently and next showed Niall and said,

“This is Niall, the Irish leprechaun in our band...”

But Niall’s reaction was totally odd. He just stood there, looking at Sanaya with a ghost of a smile on his lips. He blinked his eyes slowly and I looked confused.

I turned my head to look at Devika and she was already looking at me, grinning. I mouthed to her, “No way!” She nodded and said back, “So way!”