-13-

Dedicated to SheStandsGrand_ cuz she voted for my last chapter! Love you and Ty for the support, love! <33 And A Very Happy New year to all!!

-13-

Devika’s POV

We both got in the flat and locked it. Zayn gave me a pair of spare keys. We rolled our suitcases towards our bedroom and set them on the ground. I took a pair of comfortable sweats and got in the bathroom, which was huge! I changed and washed my face of the tiredness. I went back into the room and saw that Zayn fell asleep on the bed. I swear, no one sleeps this random and quickly than Zayn! I chuckled and went to him to pull the covers on him. The climate was quite cold here as Christmas was nearing. Next week was Christmas!

I took my phone from my handbag and messaged my mum.

‘Reachd safely. Tooo tired 2 cal! :( X’ and I hit send. I forwarded the same message to Tricia and set my phone beside Zayn’s on the bedside table.

I got under the covers and soon, sleep invaded me.

After sleeping for what felt like few hours, I woke up and checked the time. It was 12. Well, I’ll start prepping for lunch, then! I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and showered and shaved. It was quite cold, so I wore a pair of blue washed out skinny jeans and a cute pink jumper with a snow white bunny knitted into it.

I realized Zayn was tired and went down to make lunch. I decided on making some roti and chicken gravy, as Zayn loved chicken. I prepared the dough and proceeded to go on with the chicken. I took some fresh chicken from the fridge and started to add the spices to cook. I was stirring the vessel, when the doorbell rang. I washed my hands and dried them.

The doorbell rang a few more times and I whispered to myself, “Aa rahi hoon! Mara nahi hoon! (I’m coming! I’m not dead, here!)”

I opened the door and saw that it was the boys. Harry was in front with a big dimpled smile on his face. On his left, stood Niall, and right, stood Liam, with a warm smile as well. I looked around them for Louis. I saw him near the birdbath, looking at the skies.

“Hey guys! Come on in! Zayn’s still asleep, I’m afraid.” I said to Harry, Niall and Liam. Niall and Liam went off in the direction of our room, winking at me. I have a thought that they’re gonna wake Zayn up and he’s not gonna be very happy about it. I smiled at Harry.

“Is that chicken I smell?” He asked, taking a deep breath.

My eyes widened as I realised the chicken was unattended on the gas! “Holy cow!” I shouted and rushed to the kitchen and Harry came behind me. I looked into the vessel and thanked God that it wasn’t burnt. I turned off the stove and stirred it once again. I covered it with a plate and proceeded to make the rotis. The boys were staying for lunch, so I made many rotis.

“Uh...Why is Louis by the birdbath?” I asked Harry. He chuckled and said, “He’s looking for Kevin. Don’t worry! He’ll be around in a few.”

I nodded.

I heard a girly scream from upstairs- our room to be precise! I jumped and my eyes widened. I went up and saw that the guys had poured ice cold water on the sleeping Zayn, who looked beyond pissed!

I and Harry were standing at the door frame. I was trying hard not to laugh. I looked at Zayn; he looked like a wet puppy. His hair looked darker wet. It fell on his face, with a few drops of water dripping from the ends. I lost control and laughed out loud!

Everyone in the room looked at me, including Louis. When did he come in?

Zayn came over to me with a playful smirk on his lips. “Find this funny, do you?” He asked and I tried to keep my laughter under control, but failed. I nodded.