-29-

-29-

Devika’s POV

I felt my senses come back to me about what felt like a few hours later. I woke up with a pounding headache.

I checked the laptop and it was still in Zayn’s twitter page.

Well, guess I got my anniversary gift then: The news that my so-called-loving husband was dating someone else.

I moved the cursor to the new tweet box and typed:

‘@DevZMalik: Best anniversary gift ever! X’

I shut down my laptop and went downstairs for my breakfast. I had quite a heavy one after a long time and in the process, I decided something.

I’m leaving this house...I can’t stay here....

After washing my dishes, I dialled my mum and she answered,

Mum: “Kaise ho beta?”

Me: “Theek hoon...Maa...Main iss ghar chhod ke jaa rahi hoon (I’m leaving this house)”

Mum: “Aisa kya hua beta! Batao toh sahi...Tere aur Zayn ke beech sab theek hai na? (What happened? Tell me...Is everything alright between you and Zayn?)”

I suddenly felt a surge of anger through me...

Me: “Apne damaad se hi poochhiye! Woh tour  par kisi aur ladki ke saath hai...Aur mere phone bhi nahi utha rahi hai (Ask your son-in-law! He’s dating some other girl while he’s on tour. And he’s not answering my calls, too!)”

Mum: “Main Tricia se poochti hoon (I’ll ask Tricia)”

Me: “Maa...iski koi zaroorat nahi...Main safaai nahi sunna chahti...Main yahan se jaa rahi hoon...Agar Zayn ya baki ladke poochhe...toh mat batao ki main kahan hoon...theek hai? Please...mere liye yeh kariye! (There’s no need for that...I don’t want to listen to any excuses, I’m going from here. And if Zayn or the boys ask my location, please don’t tell them!) I’ll tell them when I’m ready.”

Mum: “Woh karo jo tumhe theek samjhe...Tum jaa kaha rahi ho? (Do what you feel right. Where are you going?)”

Me: “I’m going to New York. I’ve narrowed down a few teaching jobs there. There are a few schools where they want the post of a Biology teacher...

Mum: “Hmmm....Call me as soon as you reach NYC. Take care, beta...”

Me: “I love you, mom! Thanks for understanding me...” and let out a few silent tears. I didn’t want my mum to know that I was breaking down.

Mum: “I love you, Devika....Apna khayal rakhna (Take care of yourself)”

Me: “I will...Bye...I have to book tickets and get packing”

My mother said a teary goodbye and hung up.

I sighed and wiped my tears...

Tickets!

I booked economy class tickets to fly to New York tomorrow. I got my residential visa ready; I bought a decent sized apartment, new SIM card, etc.

My flight takes off tomorrow at noon. I had to check in almost at 10am since I’m flying international.

I walk up to our room and take out my suitcase my cousins gifted to me for marriage. I ran my hands across the purple fabric of the suitcase, reminiscing those moments with my family.

I went to the cupboard and neatly folded all my clothes and kept it on the bed. One by one, I placed them carefully inside, careful not to pack any stuff Zayn bought for me. The only property of Zayn with me was my mangalsutra, and I was not ready to let go of it, as it was a sign of a married lady.

Soon enough, one suitcase was enough to pack my entire luggage. I put some essentials in a carryon bag. I kept aside a pair of jeans and a white tank top with my orange jacket for tomorrow. My carryon still had space, so I checked if I had everything. I walked towards the cupboard and checked every shelf. I couldn’t see the topmost shelf, so I ran my hands over the smooth wooden surface.

My hand felt something hard inside a paper.

I reached for it and saw that it was the pregnancy test kit I’d bought earlier.

My mouth opened in shock. I totally forgot to use this.

I made up my mind and walked to the bathroom and did my business. I had to wait 5 minutes for the results.

After 5 minutes of anxious walking, I went inside and saw my fate.

A small pink + sign appeared on the display screen. My eyes welled up with tears of happiness.

I’m pregnant!

With Zayn’s baby....

I sat on the bathroom floor and thought about it a lot. It seems Zayn was never coming back for me, but I would never let go of this angel. I stood up and smiled.

I’m going to raise this baby! I’m gonna be its mum and dad!

I kept my hand on my tummy and gently cooed, “I love you baby....”

Zayn’s POV

My phone rang from continuous calls from Devika. What the hell did she want? Can’t she see I’m happy?!

I asked Perrie out and she said yes! I can’t believe it!

Devika’s been calling me continuously and I’ve been listening to her stupid voice messages.

Today was the 29th of November.

My iPhone lit up, flashing Devika’s name.

I rolled my eyes as I waited for another voice call.

The call ended and I listened to her voicemail:

“House keys with Mrs. Hess (their neighbour). Goodbye”

 A/N: Hahahahhah!!  DOuble updates!! I'm makin up for all the times I kept y'all waiting

xx <3Vote and comment