-44-

-44-

Zayn’s POV

She slapped me and left....just like that..!!

Soon, the clouds in the sky started crying, just like the tears falling endlessly from my eyes. My knees gave out and I leaned on a tree nearby and cried my heart out.

I sat there for what felt like forever, weeping; the rain washing the tears, leaving it with more wetness. I heard my phone ringing over the roar of the rain.

I fished it out from my pocket and checked the caller id: Niall

I hit accept and asked, “Sup, Ni?”

“I jus- are you crying, Malik?” He stopped mid-sentence and asked

“Everything’s over, bud. She doesn’t need me anymore, she doesn’t want to listen to me...What am I gonna do with my life?!” I whispered sadly.

“Don’t give up, okay? If you really love her, let her know that you’re not the one to back out of this! You know that somewhere deep down, she can’t forget the wonderful memories you two built!” He explained.

And that’s when something changed!

I had to win her back; I had to get her to listen to me...Let her know that I am innocent and it’s all just a misunderstanding.

I walked out from the park and spotted her brown head from afar. I kept a safe distance and followed her to her home.

She entered her house and I was standing outside, in the slight after showers of the rain, opposite her street. Her house was beautiful- just the way she’d like it; simple, yet marvellous style.

Tears formed in my eyes at the fact that my very own daughter was inside this house. I wonder if she knew who her dad was...

After basically staying there for an hour or so, I walked back towards my hotel and had a good night’s rest.

I woke up next morning, listening to the beautiful chirping of the New York birds. Sunlight lightly seeped through the blinds of my window.

A bright new day ahead: Day-1 of Mission: Convince Devika.

My phone rang and I checked the caller id. Yes!

“Hey, guys! You landed, yet?” I asked

The phone was apparently on speaker so all four lads yelled, “Yeaaaah Zaynie!”

“Good! Meet me at Hotel Crowne Plaza! I can’t thank you enough for-“ I started

Louis mumbled, “Here he goes again...”

“FOR doing this for me...I love you lads!” I finished, ignoring Lou

They said their welcomes and hung up. A few minutes later, a brisk knock struck on my door. I jumped off the bed to open it, only to be slammed to the ground.

I heard Louis’ voice muffled from beneath Niall and Harry, “Dog pile, yay” unenthusiastically!

“Okay, ow?” I winced and they all got up from me and the floor. We moved to the bed and thought of ideas to convince Devika to believe me.

“I still say you should ask nicely to just talk to her. It’s the best way...” Liam said wisely.

Louis smashed his hand on Liam’s face and said, “Oh, shut up dad. We need a more dramatic way. A PLAN!” He suddenly shouted.

“We’re right here, Lou! No need to yell” Harry said slowly, chewing on his banana

“Where’d you get that from?” Niall asked, eyeing Harry’s banana.