-33-

-33-

Niall’s POV

How could she?! On the outside, she looked like a sweet angel, but on the inside, she was this bad-ass devil! How could she even think of ruining a married couple like that?!

And as for Zayn, he’s passed out on the floor right now. I was thinking about this voice message that Devika sent him. I jumped up from the couch and searched Zayn’s pockets for his phone.

I found it and took voice messages folder, I clicked the on from Devika and played it:

Keys with Mrs. Hess. Goodbye’

What the heck did this mean?! Devika did not leave did she?

I dialled her number from Zayn’s phone. They said the number did not exist; I tried dialling it from mine, same response...

This is not happening...Zayn has got to get his memory back!

Just then, the door of the room opened and the lads walked in. They saw the traces of tears in my eyes and rushed near me and asked, “What happened, mate?”

“Remember when Zayn left to meet his friend and disappeared for 2 weeks?” I asked them silently.

They mumbled, “Yeah...?”

“He got into an accident and got a minor memory loss. He doesn’t remember who Devika is..A-and that chick, Perrie, from Little Mix...She’s been lying to Zayn the entire time....She told him that she was his girlfriend before he lost his memory and he believed her...”

I heard gasps in unison from the boys.

“You sure, Nialler?” asked Liam placing a hand on my shoulder.

“He told me himself that he got in an accident...And Perrie told him everything...That’s why he’s been takin’ those pills!” I said louder.

“We never did bother askin’ him about the whole Devika issue, ya know!” said Harry slowly.

“And the worst part” I started sobbing by now, “...is that Devika left. Her   phone’s not reachable. There was this last voice message that said that the keys are with their neighbour. I think she left the house!” I finished and took a deep breath.

“Why is Zayn passed out on the floor?” Lou asked slowly, confusion lacing his voice.

“Well...I may have hit him with the extinguisher in order to get his memory back...” I said.

“Are you nuts, Niall!? The lad’s probably in pain right now! We have to take him to the hospital!” Liam shouted and ran to lift Zayn.

Harry and Liam lifted Zayn up while I opened the door. Lou quickly dialled the ambulance and we escorted him to the nearest hospital.

He was escorted to a room and we were waiting outside it. The doc came out and we rushed to him.

“How is he doc?” I asked quickly.

He had a grim expression. “He was suffering from mild amnesia, am I correct?” He asked.

We all nodded and he continued, “He’s woken up, but recalls being hit behind his head by a....fire extinguisher..?” He had a look of confusion on his face.

“Yeah...That was me” I said sheepishly and looked down. The doctor just gave me a weird kind of smile and left.

“Man! You do not hit someone to bring back their memory! This is real life, not a comic!” Liam said sternly.

“I’m sorry, Liam” I mumbled.

“You reckon we can go in right now?” asked Louis.

Liam walked in front towards his room without speaking anything.