Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Sign up for auditions here!

_____________________________

__Silvia Goldberg (Snow White!)____

  __Hannah Barrett_______________

__Laura Hamilton  <3_____________

…more names             

__Aaron Fitzgerald_______________     

__Dan O’Gallagher_______________

 __Erik Cooper___________________

 __Maik Chang___________________

 __Jean-Luc Fourcarde ____________

 __Mirko Koch____________________

 __Joseph N’Gumba_______________

__Joleene White__________________

______________________________

“There we go!” I say, satisfied that it’s now official.

I was tempted to write Snow White behind my name too, but then I thought again, I’m going to be the mature one.

I turn around and look at the guys miserable faces.

“I can’t believe this is really happening.” Erik said, staring at the list as if he were hoping it would disappear if he stared at it long enough.

“I agree.” Joseph muttered.

“This is going to work out you guys, I swear.” I tried to encourage them, but it didn’t sound very convincing, even to me.

“Yeah, suuure.” Dan spat sarcastically, dragging the word ‘sure’ out purposely.

“The next thing you know, you’re going to be dragging us to prom.” Mirko complains in discomfort.

“What’s so bad about prom?” I ask incredulous.

What’s with these guys? Prom is the best part of High School where you can show yourself from your best side. It’s the last chance to show someone how pretty you really are!  

“You did not just ask that.” Joseph says as if the answer was obvious to everyone. Again, it isn’t.

Gosh, this guy has to be annoying in class.

“Sorry,” I say in a sweet sickly tone, “Please, enlighten me.”

The guys ‘oohed’ at the tension between us while Maik mutters, “Somebody’s don’t like someone’s.”

“We never know who to take to prom.” Eric explains for Joseph, turning my attention from Joseph to him.

“Seriously? That’s your problem?” I ask a little confused and stunned. Actually I’m more shocked than confused. “Why would you have a problem with girls?”

“Isn’t it obvious? We’re intelligent and very” Aaron runs his hand through his blond hair, “attractive.” He finishes and winks to a girl that is just passing us. She stares after him in admiration, so she doesn’t notice the wall in front of her, she smacked right into it full force.

The guys and I all flinch and moan “ooooow” at the same time. “That’s gonna leave a mark.” Eric mutters amused.

“Did you do that on purpose?” I ask Aaron who is the only one smiling.

“Part of the game, darling, part of the game. So if you’d all excuse me, a lady needs my help.” Aaron salutes us and heads towards the girl who is busy sitting up. Aaron turns around one more time “Prom option number 52, here I come.” He wiggles his eyebrows and walks the rest of the way to the girl and kneels down next to her, “You okay there?”

The girl look up at him with stunned eyes and nods frantically, “I-it barely h-hit me.” She gave him a goofy smile.

Barely hit her? Yeah right, I could see her nose bleeds from here!

“I’ll help you get to the nurse.” Aaron, the gentleman he is, helps her up and ‘sweeps her off her feet’ into his arms. He carried her bridal-style down the hallway.

I roll my eyes and shake my head with a little grin.

“By the way, what happened to your face?” Eric asks, reaching out to touch the bump, that turned a deep purple over night and that I tried to cover up with make up, but I slapped Eric’s hand away.

“Daniel Millan wacked a door in her face.” Mirko explained in a matter-of-fact tone.

“How the fiddle sticks do you know that?” I ask, surprised. Has someone really seen the accident?

“It’s gossip, and, since Daniel Millan is such and interesting topic with the girls, it travels fast.” Mirko explains, seeming annoyed with this Daniel guy.

I finally know his name!

“He’s ouur only reeal cumpetition when it cuumes too guurls.” Dan adds.

I stare at the guys. I really don’t get this school. Aren’t geeks suppose to look…I don’t know…nerdy and don’t they have to worry about ever getting a wife in the future?

But what I’ve learned from these guys is that Eric always seems to be bored. Joseph is the pointing-out-the-obvious one, even though what he says isn’t obvious at all. Maik just smiles all the time. Dan is the laid back one, who takes every situation calmly. Jean-Luc is the silent one who never really speaks but still listens and takes part in everything.  Mirko is the sarcastic one, but he never gets offensive, it’s just his natural way. Aaron is just Aaron, he gets along with everyone.

Mei and I were going to have lunch together, so I couldn’t really stay longer and chat. “Guys, I’m sorry, but-”

“Speaking about the devil, looks like here comes Prince Charming now. See ya!” Mirko says hurriedly and they all scatter away, leaving me standing there completely clueless.

I turn around and stop. Standing just a few meters away from me is Daniel Millan.

He gave me a guilt filled smile while fidgeting with his leather band around his wrist.

I want to run away, far away. Not only is he attractive, but he made me nervous in a ‘I like him’ kind of way.

This is not good, it’s baaad. Really bad.

____________________________________

Sorry it's short, the next one will be a little more creative....I hope ;-)