Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 10

Chapter 10

TGIF.

Thank god it’s Friday.

Daniel and I have decided to skip the last period before lunch. We even came up with an excuse in case we got caught. I have history and I don’t have the patience to sit behind Silvia and listen to her stupid complaints. I just have to explain to Eric why I didn’t show up. The guys didn’t want to join me, because they’re such goody two shoes, but Daniel was all for it, since he wasn’t in the mood at all for Biology.

We are sitting behind a tree, out of sight in case anyone was looking out of a window.

This was a good opportunity to ask Daniel the real reason why he burned down the principles car, because he lied to me about it being a dare.

How I know?

It was earlier that day when I was busy with my locker, I overheard three guys having a conversation just a few lockers away. I recognized them as Daniels friends. They were talking about school gossip again-yes, one of the topics being about me and the mashed potatoes- but then they started mentioning the gossip about the principles car.

“Why did Daniel burn the principles car anyway?” One of them with brown short cropped hair asked.

The good thing was that my locker door was blocking them from seeing me completely, so they can’t catch me listening.

“I don’t know, but you have to admit, that was awesome!” the second guy with lighter brown exclaimed.

“I never knew that he’d ever have the guts to do that, to be honest, I would have chickened out.” The third with black hair said amazed.

What?

I don’t know why I did it, but I closed my locker and turned to them, walking over. They fell into silence when they realized I was eavesdropping.

“I thought you dared Daniel to do that?” I ask, looking at them in confusion.

It was their turn to look confused as they gave each other strange looks.

“No, we wouldn’t let him do something that risky, we’re not stupid.” The guy with the lighter brown hair says to me.

There was a silence where I tried to figure out what’s going on here, when the guy with the black hair interrupted my thought an says while wiggling his eyebrows, “So, you’re Snow White who our Danny is lucky enough to smooch?”

I roll my eyes at him, seeming cool on the outside. I quickly turn around and walk away before he could see my red cheeks. I could feel their stares burning at my back. Now I wished I wasn’t wearing these shorts.

Daniel was lying on his back with his hands behind his head, eyelids closed. I didn’t really want to stare and I didn’t really know how to ask him either.

I am about to open my moth and just ask him when my phone starts buzzing, alerting me that I have a new text, making me giggle because I put it in my red shorts butt-pocket. Daniel opens his eyes and gives me a weird look and I just smile back in embarrassment. It’s most probably Aaron or Mei, so I pulled it out  and check my screen. I growl in annoyance when I see who it is.

“What? Who is it?” Daniel ask curiously at my now peeved off expression, while I angrily delete the message.

“Ugh, it’s just this boy who won’t stop bothering me.” I say as if it meant nothing, which it did to me.

“Really? What’s his name? Maybe I know him.” Daniel suggests helpfully, sitting up.

“Justin, football player?” I ask, hoping it would ring a bell if I mentioned he played a sport.