Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“Jeans? Or skirt?” I ask, looking at Mei and Matilda, holding up the jeans and then the skirt. Both are on my bed, Mei lying on her stomach with her chin resting in her hands and Matilda sitting on the edge with her hands folded neatly in her lap. Mei slept over for the night on Friday and now I’ve ask her and Matilda for advice, since I’m kind of unsure what to wear when I go to Daniel’s house. Ridiculous, I know.

Mei narrowed her eyes in thought, “That skirt is cute, but the color doesn’t really speak to me.”

“I don’t see the problem here, just pick something. I’m too old for this.” Matilda complained, standing up and leaving the room.

Mei and I watch her go, before we I turn back to Mei, “So the skirt is a no?”

“Yeah, but I wouldn’t go with the jeans either.”

“This is frustrating!” I whine, letting myself drop on my bed, “And I’m still in my underwear.” I realize, getting up and slipping that over-sized sweater I wore the day at the beach over my head.

“I don’t know why you’re freaking out; you’re just going to ‘rehearse’ as you call it. If it were a date I’d understand.”

“You’re right. What the hell? I really need to pull myself together.” I grab around my piles of clothing on the floor and pull out a pair of black shorts, “Here, shorts. They’re cute, they compliment your legs and they’re black, which fits with everything.” I say proud, yanking them on.

“I can drop you off at Daniel’s on my way home.”  Mei offered, sitting up straight.

I pull on a tank top and a button-up shirt over it. “Sure, thanks.”

I was still a bit nervous. I mean, Daniel and I would be alone. At his place. Practicing a romantic scene. This is gonna be horrible!

Mei drove me to Daniel’s place in fifteen minutes.

It had a big garden and the house itself wasn’t that big but it had character. I said bye to Mei and went to the front door. I knocked on it and only had to wait a few seconds before the door opened and a pretty woman in her forties stood in the door frame.

“Hi, I’m Joleene-”

I couldn’t finish my sentence, “Oh my! You’re so beautiful! Look at that face, those pretty shaped eyes. My grandchildren will be so pretty-”

Daniel appeared at the door and lightly pulled his mom away from me, “Mom, please stop!”

“Okay, okay, you’re lucky I have to leave anyway. I’m Sandra by the way.” She introduced, pulling me into a hug. Her hair is the exact same color as Daniel’s, but her eyes are blue. “You two better behave.”

“We always do.”

“That’s what I’m worried about.” She says, raising her eyebrows and giving Daniel a warning look. “Don’t worry, I’m just teasing. He’s a good boy with manners.” She assures me with a smile before she gave Daniel a pat on the arm and went out the door.

“Wow, sorry about that.” Daniel says with a sheepish smile.

“I like her, she seems nice.” I argue, walking past him with a grin and into the house.

I look around and immediately fell in love with this place. Compared to my house, Daniel’s had this comfortable and safe feeling. It’s so homey and warm, that I let myself fall onto his living room couch that sinks under my weight, not like those hard fancy leather couches my living room has.