Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Oh no. Monday. Worst day ever!

Today are auditions and I look like a boiled Piglet!!!

I woke up yesterday with the feeling that my skin was about to tear and peel off. Confused I went to the bathroom and look myself in the mirror. Huge mistake! I started screaming at the top of my lungs when I saw my reflection. Just like those drama queens in the movies do. It felt nice to scream like that for once.

“Oh no, oh no, please, no. This is not happening!” I whisper in panic as I ran my hands over my face as I leaned closer to the mirror.

The door to the bathroom burst open and Matilda, who is in her sixties, came running in holding a frying pan ready in her hand. “I heard you scream. What happened?” She asked standing up from her defensive crouch when she saw no intruder what so ever.

I turn around with a totally shocked face and point towards myself, a whine escaping my lips. Matilda stared at me for a while, before she literally burst out laughing.

That time my skin was as red as the freaking KFC sign!

“Help me!” I whine like I’ve turned into a child.

Matilda calmed down and focused on me, “First thing’s first, we need a lot of After Sun, moisturizer with gherkins and lemons.” She instructs, about to leave the room but stops at the door, “And second of all, don’t let Daria see you.” With that she left to go get the stuff.

Daria would love to see me like this. It’s weird, when dad and her where just newly wed, which is half a year ago, we used to like each other. But the mistake was that she took me with her to work. I wanted to see the glamorous life of a Supermodel, so I asked her to take me. Daria gladly took me with her, but then a few agents saw me and asked if I were interested to join and that I’d be the next best thing. That pissed Daria off, bad. Since modeling is her life and she is the current number one. I said no because I didn’t want to do that to Daria, even though on the inside I was actually really interested. Even though I rejected them, Daria has been holding a grudge against me ever since.

Back to today. At least my skin wasn’t that red anymore, but a strange shade of pink. It didn’t look very attractive. I tried to compose it with some make-up but I only ended up orange so I took it off again. I took some concealer and that did the trick…I think. At least now I had a healthy rosy glow to my skin which look kind of okay…I hope.

I didn’t know what to do with my hair so I just left it open. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and an awesome long sleeved, tight hoody shirt with silver print on it. Before I went out of my room I took out a pair of black boots and yanked them on. It was a cool day, since it was close to winter. With my long sleeved clothes, I could protect and hide my burned skin. The weekend was pretty hot, which was an exception this time of the year. At least that’s what Mei told me. That was also the reason why everybody was on the beach Saturday, to enjoy the last warm days of summer.

When Derrick had the car parked outside, I skip down the stairs and to the kitchen to grab myself an apple from the fruit basket. As I went down the wide hallway, I stop at the living room door. I roll my eyes when I see Daria at the big screen TV doing her stupid yoga, talking shit. I got an idea and stayed at the door.

Daria put her hands together and lifted her arms over her head in a sort of Yoga stance whilst murmuring to herself, “The rising sun.”

The funny thing is when she does her yoga; she blocks everything out and is deep in thought.

She sways her arms from side to side, “The wind in the trees.”

How ridiculous, “The quacking ducks.” I whisper.