Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 11

 Chapter 11

 What’s going on in there?

I stare anxiously at the principles offices door before starting to pace around again. I know I’m supposed to be in class, but the guilt was eating me up. I know that some was Daniel’s fault too, but I feel guilty very easily and that’s an annoying quality about me.

After Daniel and Justin followed Coach Lanner out of the cafeteria, the guys all came over to me and ask if I was okay and what happened. They apologized that they weren’t here soon enough, but I wasn’t really listening to them because I wanted to follow Daniel and Justin.

The door opened and I jump a step back. Justin and Daniel both walked out and are surprised to see me standing here. Justin is holding a tissue to his nose that is already mostly soaked with blood.

“You okay?” I ask him, wincing when I see the bridge of his nose was purple and a little swollen.

“Yeah. I had worse, but that was one impressive hit.” Justin says to Daniel with a grin, nudging his shoulder.

Wow, when I see how forgiving Justin is I feel embarrassed about my outburst when Daniel hit my face with a door. But he didn’t do it on purpose; I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

“Sorry man.” Daniel murmurs with an apologetic smile.

“It doesn’t matter, but I have something good by you because I saved your ass in there. I have to go to the nurse and make sure my nose isn’t broken, so I’ll see you guys.” Justin says, before heading down the hallway.

Daniel and I watch him go.

“I don’t know what happened in the cafeteria.” Daniel says thoughtful while still looking at Justin’s retreating back.

I look up at him, “You were just defending me, I guess what you did had good intentions, but don’t take this ‘thank you’ as an encouragement and think you can just punch someone again.” I warn.

Daniel shakes his head with a chuckle.

“What did Principle Jackson say?” I ask a little worried.

Daniel shrugs, “Detention.”

“What? Detention? No offence, but I was sure you were going to get expelled.”

“I was going to get expelled, but then Justin kept on pushing the fault on himself and was literally defending me.” Daniel explains, seeming still to be a little surprised by it.

“And the principle bought it?”

Daniel nodded, “Apparently, not at first, but Justin wouldn’t stop and when I tried to say something, he would tell Principle Jackson that I’m just trying to stick up for him.”

“Like you did with me?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at him, showing how cheesed off I am about that.

Daniel just gives me an innocent smile, “I couldn’t let Coach Lanner punish you for something that you didn’t do. I did punch him.”

“We know you punched him, but he did provoke you.” I remind him, “Is that what he meant when he said he saved your arse in there?”

“Yup.”

I look down because Daniel keeps on rubbing his other hand and I gasp when I see it’s swollen. Looks like Justin is not the only one who got hurt.

“Oh my gosh.” I gently take his hand and look at it.

“It’s nothing.” He insists, trying to pull his hand away and automatically I tighten my grip and Daniel hisses in response.

“Oh-I-sorry.” I stutter letting go, my cheeks turning pink, “At least let me see it.”