Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 19

Chapter 19

He gives me an unfathomable look, “You kissed Eric?”

“No, he kissed me! I didn’t want him to look as if it’s all his fault, although it actually is, but that’s not the point. The point. The point is I immediately told you because you’re really important to me and this relationship is totally important to me and I don’t want to loose either and if you wanna break up-“ I was cut off by his lips on mine.

I looked at him a little dazed when he pulled away, because I did not deserve that. “Joe, I don’t want to break up with you and I can’t believe you’d think of that so quickly. I want you to calm down and talk to me properly, so that a normal human being can understand what you’re saying.”

Even in this messed up situation he still knew what to say that would make me smile, even though I kind of felt like crying.

“I just feel so awful right now and you acting so calm isn’t helping me.”

“So you want me to freak out?” Daniel asks, looking at me strangely.

“Yes… no…I don’t know, but I feel really guilty and if I were you I’d be so pissed at myself.” I say taking a deep breath to control myself because I know if I didn’t stop there, I would have made a long speech again.

“So you’re saying that if a girl kissed me, you’d be pissed at me?” Daniel raised an eyebrow at me.

Gosh, that came out wrong, but Daniel had a point. Would I be mad at him? Not really, only if he kissed her back, which I didn’t do either. But it still didn’t make things better for me.

“You’re right, I wouldn’t be mad at you, but I still wouldn’t like it.” I admit, fumbling with the hem of my shirt.

“You think I like having the girl I really like being kissed by someone other than me? It does suck like hell, but I’ve been in this situation before and I handled it really badly. She didn’t talk to me after that because I kind of humiliated her.” Daniel says, feeling a little uncomfortable bringing it up.

I can’t imagine Daniel humiliating anyone, yet alone even be rude to them. He just seems to be too good to be true. But I don’t try to make explain.

“So you’re not mad at me?” I ask in a final tone, just to make sure.

“More disappointed, but I should have known that this would happen, it’s not like you can hide yourself under a bed sheet for the whole year. I’m more mad at that Eric boy, where is he anyway?” Daniel ask, his face expression suddenly changing to one I haven’t seen on him before as he took a step forward.

I quickly stop him, “Don’t hurt Eric, he’s confused.”

“Confused my ass, I think he used that as an excuse, that little punk.”  He said in a defensive tone.

I couldn’t help but stare at him, “Is it wrong to find you really hot right now?”

That question wasn’t supposed to be answered, I didn’t even mean to say it out loud but it just slipped.

“That’s normal-wait, what?” Daniel looked at me curiously, like he thought he didn’t hear me properly.

I shake my head, “Nothing.” I say looking at the ground, earning a chuckle from him. “Eric likes Mei; he’s with her right now.”

“Shit that guy works fast.” Daniel says amazed, making me hit his chest with a glare.

“He likes Mei you idiot!” I say, shaking my head at him.