Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 22

Finally posted!!!

______________________

Snow Whites Senior Year

Chapter 22

Road Trip!

So Daniel and I are on our way to Naples for his sisters wedding. Well first the engagement party and then the wedding. Can you believe it’s all on the same weekend? It takes almost the whole day to get there and so far we’ve driven, I look down at my watch, five hours. Uff! We still have a long way to go.

I’m bored and it’s hot, even though we left Miami with a very chilly weather. Occasionally Daniel and I would hold conversation about all kinds of things, school, our play that’s coming up soon. I wonder what the seven Dorks are doing right now.

I hear the sound of a loud engine outside, making me look out of the open window. The sound reminded me of the grunting noise you make when you try to make a dump in the loo and can’t get it out. It was an orange hippie bus with a little silver peace sign at the front.

Some dark skinned hippie with Rasta’s, those reggae beanies and Ozzy Osborn glasses while bobbing his head to the loud music was at the wheel. On the side of the bus stood ‘The Peace Making Machine’, with the little words on the bottom ‘Make Love, Not War”. The grunting of the engine got higher the further he drove as he tried to over take us until it made a sort of exploding sound and it sped off into the distance, that it was only a small dot on the road ahead of us.

I look at over at Daniel to see if he had noticed anything, but he was just plainly look at the road ahead of him. I shrug to myself.

Hippies.

We made a stop to buy a few more supplies and use the restrooms. When we were back on the road I got an idea.

“Let’s play I-Spy!” I suggest, really proud I actually came up with it. I mean, that’s what people usually play when they are on road trips right? I have never played it. Well, I’ve never been on a road trip. My dad always insists on me flying. I even suggested to Daniel that my dad could pay a flight to Naples, but Daniel said no politely.

Daniel gave me a sideways look before back at the road again. “Are you serious?” he didn’t really sound like he believed me.

“Yeah, why not? I want to start!” I exclaim, dropping my legs that I had pulled up a few minutes ago and sat down straight.

“Fine.” Daniel muttered, since he could never say no to me.

“Okay.” I pause, “What do you say again to start the game?” I ask a little unsure after a while of silence.

At that Daniel had to grin, “You want to play I-Spy and don’t even know the famous sentence to it?”

I cross my arms and pout, “I’ve never played it okay.”

“Really? Poor you, you have a big gap in your childhood.” Daniel says sympathetically just to tease me.

“Don’t rub it in.” I mutter, but couldn’t help the smile playing on my lips.

“You just say, ‘I spy with my little eye something that is…’ then you add the color.” Daniel explained to me.

I nod, “Okay. I spy with my little eye something that is...hmm…green!” I finally decide.

Daniel looks around, but still keeps his eye on the road once in a while.

“Uuh, is it your bag?” he asks, pointing at my little green back-pack while holding the steering wheel with his other.