Snow Whites Senior Year: Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We spent the rest of the lunch hour discussing for what parts the guys should audition, after Joseph and Eric were finally convinced that I was worthy of joining them.

"I'm going to audition for Prince Charming" Eric announced to everyone's surprise.

We were all busy heading back to our next class.

"You want to go for one of the main characters?" I asked baffled. "Why?! I thought you hate acting"

"Well, why not? The guy doesn't do anything. He's only seen in the woods twice and has to kiss the chick at the end. He doesn't speak or sing. It's an awesome role"

"Every character sings, Erik, it's a musical." Mirko says in an obvious tone.

"Ugh, screw this; I'm auditioning for a tree." Erik decides, annoyed.

"Just hope that they don't sing too." Jean-Luc muttered under his breath.

"Really? You just had to say that?" Erik complains, glaring at no-one in particular.

"Ok guys, I'm just going to show little Joe here, her next class. So see ya tomorrow!"

"Bye" I said with a small smile. They were all heading into a different class than me. For the first time today I had none of them with me.

They all said bye to me and then Aaron showed me to my advanced Chemistry class.

"Heads up, Snow White, you're gonna be all right. I'll see you tomorrow morning at your locker." He says with a little salute, already heading away.

"Thanks for everything!" Wow I felt stupid calling that after him.

"Don't mention it, darlin'." He says breezily, without turning.

Now that I was alone, did I only notice people's stares. A lot of girls weren't giving me appreciative looks, while as guys just seem to look at me curiously. It's not my fault I'm smart enough to hang with a bunch of hot geeks. Usually girls act dumb to get a guy, but for once it's not that case for me.

I ignore them and enter the classroom. As with all the other periods, I first went to the teacher to introduce myself as 'the new girl' and then chose a seat somewhere in the middle of the class. I'm a little early, so the class is mostly empty, students only starting to shuffle in now. I stare out the window and wait for class to begin.

"Hey, is this seat taken?"

I look up to see an Asian chick pointing to the empty seat next to me with a friendly smile. I look around class and see a lot of other empty seat, but that just proves she really wants to sit next to me.

"Sure." I say with a smile, glad to make at least one girl friend today.

She sits down and I take that as my cue to introduce myself, "Joleene White, but you can call me Joe."

"Everyone knows who you are!" She says with a grin that reminds me of Maik, "I'm Mei Chang."

She most probably related to Maik, since they both carry the same surname. "Any relation between you and a Maik Chang?" I ask just to make sure.

Her face fell and she looked at me slightly panicked, "What did he do? Did he bother you in any way?"

Huh? Now I'm the one to look confused, "Uh, no. He's actually been really nice to me. I'm the newest member of the Math and Science club he goes to." I explain.

"Oh my god, you're one of them?" She asks in disbelieve. "How did you do that? Do you know how many girls try to get into that club? Those guys make jocks look like... silly jocks, well there are some exceptions."