Fifty One-Spooky Time

Opal's pov

After a long week of trying(and failing) to get more people to join the AV club, it was nice to take the weekend off. We had gone pumpkin picking on Thursday, so on Saturday we carved them.

"Imma carve a cookie cat!" Amethyst said, taking a bite of her favorite snack. Pearl stared at her pumpkin.

"I think I'll carve a rose."

"Wow, so original." I said rolling my eyes because she carved a rose every year. Her roses did get progressively better, though.

"You guys are weird. Imma carve a regular old Jack o' lantern." Sugi said. I laughed.

"We can carve all of these, but first we need to empty the pumpkins." It was always my favorite part if carving to empty the pumpkin. Pearl, as usual, was disgusted by what we all affectionately call the "guts" of the pumpkin, and wore latex gloves. Amethyst took the advantage and started throwing the guts at her. By the time we had emptied the pumpkins and separated the seeds out for mom to cook, it looked like a pumpkin exploded everywhere.

"That went better than expected!" Pearl said, admiring our work once we'd put the pumpkins on the porch.

Pearl's rose was intricate as ever. Amethyst's cookie cat was a little borough around the edges, but Pearl had helped her improve it a little. Sugilite's Jack o' lantern looked spooky, meanwhile I'd carved out a few hearts.

Helping out the AV club had given me a huge disadvantage, it took away my time to work on my costume, but luckily nobody else was quite done with theirs either, so we all worked together.

Amethyst decided to be a wrestler called "the purple puma". Pearl had a leather jacket and a pair of jeans, claiming to be a "cool kid". Sugilite and I decided that for fun we'd go together as Bonnie and Clyde. My costume was fairly simple, a red dress that I found in Mom's closet and some heels and a red hat. The dress's sleeves were too big so I had to take them in a little, but by the end of the night it was a perfect fit.

On Sunday we watched some Tim Burton movies and baked some fall treats with Mom, and helped her make her ghost pops to hand out to kids.

"Night guys." I said, making sure Pearl was in her bed and Amethyst was on the air mattress.

"Night."

"Goodnight Opal." I made my way back across the hall abd climbed into my bed beside Sugilite.

"Are you excited?" She asked in the darkness. "Your heart's goin a mile a minute."

"No, I'm just a little nervous." I admitted. "What if I let everyone down? What if I can't save the club? And anyway, this is going to be Pearl's first Halloween out since the accident. What if something happens? What if somebody knocks her down or she trips and hits her head again? I'm just worried." Sugilite wrapped her arms around me.

"Baby, you'll do fine. And don't worry about Pearl. You've got her." She kissed my forehead. "You'll be fine."