The Mysterious Apperance of a Chicken and The Black Gate

The girl and the orc woke up to the smell of meat over a fire. There the bony creature sat, over one of the small flames of light, cooking a chicken.
A chicken? How did he find a chicken in a place like this?
Bogwater sat up, "Where did you find a chicken in a place like this?"
"Gollum,Gollum," coughed Creature, "doesn't matter."
Rain rolled over on her side, "Its probably best we don't know where he got it. No telling where that thing has been."
The creature pulled the head of the chicken off with his teeth, "Tastes good."
"You're supposed to pull the feathers off first," started the Uruk-hai.
Creature sneered, pulling a leg off of the dead bird and handing it to the Uruk, "Here then, pullses the fatherses out."
The Uruk rolled his eyes as he pulled feathers off of the small leg of the chicken. He would never make it to Rivendell with his sanity in tack if the creature kept doing this kind of stuff. Once he was finished pulling the feathers off the leg, the Uruk handed the leg to his new friend, "Here, Rain. You need to eat something."
Rain sat up, "Aren't you hungry?"
"You need it more."
Rain looked over her friend questionably, how was an Orc, of all things, so considerate? It seemed a mystery to her, much like where Creature got his chicken from. "Alright," she smiled at her Uruk friend as she took the leg of the chicken from him. Now that she was eating something, she realized just how famished she really was. When was the last time that she ate?
The chicken itself was tough and chewy, and had little flavor. Back in her village, her mother would season chicken with herbs and pepper. Rain wished this chicken was half as good as her mother's.
Bogwater watched the girl eat. He wondered what kinds of foods she was used to eating in her old village. The Uruk couldn't wait to be human so he can try the village food. Uruk food was much like the chicken they were eating now, bland and flavorless. The best thing they had in the camp was the Orc Ale, which is why so many would get drunk on it so often. You had to take a sip of it every time you ate to wash the bland food down. The slaves had it worse, they just got muddy water with their meals.
The Uruk was shook out of his thoughts when Creature threw the rest of the chicken into his lap. "The rest is yuck."
The rest was yuck, but it was better than nothing. When he was finished, Bogwater threw the bones into the marsh water. The dead people could probably find use for the rest of it.
After their meal, the trio continued on their way across the marsh. Soon, they could see the Great Black Gate in the distance.
"We're getting closer, now we have to find a way to get to the other side. The rest should be a peace of cake from there," Rain commented as she marched beside Bogwater.
Literally, she was literally marching.
"What are you doing?" questioned the Uruk with a smirk on his face.
"Practicing in case we have to pretend to be in the army."
Bogwater frowned, "Is that how you got in before?"
"Yup. I was almost caught too, one of the guards thought I was too short to be an Orc in the army. But another guard said he was discriminating against me and that height doesn't matter as long as you tried hard and to let me go."
Bogwater stopped in his tracks, "That was YOU?"
Rain looked over at him, "Huh?"
"I was the other guard, the one who said to let you go. I always wondered what happened to that Orc! I never saw him again after that!"
"Woah," Rain looked at him with wide eyes, "Small world."
Bogwater gave a hearty laugh, "I can't believe that was you!"
"So you've always been nice!" commented the girl.
The Uruk gave a small frown, "I wouldn't say that."
Rain scrunched up her nose in thought, he didn't think he was nice? She thought he was nice, at least for an Uruk captain. The girl shrugged to herself and kept walking, trying to catch up with the creature who had gained some distance ahead of them.
Bogwater sighed as the girl ran up ahead, she had no idea of the evils he had committed. His thoughts wandered back to the time he set the little village on fire, looking for information on a stupid little ring Saraun needed. They never found any information, and innocent souls lost their lives. How could he get her to understand that, that the reason he wanted to be human was to start over with his life and find repentance for his crimes?
While Bogwater slowly lingered behind, it gave the perfect chance for Creature to have a talk with Rain.
"You know he wills just killses you after you help him, precious."
"Huh?" Rain looked down at the creature.
"He tolds us this, yes, precious?"
"You're lying. He promised he wouldn't," Rain argued, walking further ahead.
The creature crawled fast behind her, "Its true, precious."
"Stop saying that word!" yelled Rain, clenching her fists. She had never been so angry at hearing a word before.
Bogwater heard her yell and ran up to the couple, "Rain, are you okay?"
Rain shook her head and kept walking. "I'm fine," she snapped.
Bogwater looked down at the creature, who was smiling shyly at the apparent success of his little fib. "What did you say to her?" demanded the Uruk.
"Ooooh, nothing's..." he grinned innocently as he continued to follow Rain.
Bogwater wasn't too sure of this. He felt something strange was going on with the two. What was going on? However, despite his questioning, he kept following behind. If Rain yelled at Creature again he would have to do something.
When they finally made it to the Black Gate the trio hid behind a rock as a troop of orcs came marching past. They needed a plan.
"Why don't we just knock a couple of orcs out and use their armor to sneak in?" suggested Rain.
"The likelihood of that working out a second time is slim." Bogwater argued.
"Wess could climb over the gate at night," suggested Creature.
"Is that how you got in?" questioned Bogwater.
The creature nodded.
"Will we be able to do it without being seen?" Rain asked nervously.
"Just do it when Great Eye is distracted by somethings else, precious," explained the creature, "that's how we gots in."
"There is supposed to be a battle planned for tonight, in a village near Gondor I think. He will probably be distracted preparing for that," explained the Uruk.
"Perfect." Rain nodded.
They didn't say anything more as they waited for the sun to go down. When it did finally go down, Creature jumped up quickly.
"Gollum, Gollum!" He coughed, "We will show you were we gots in! Precious!"
"I wish he'd stop saying that word," Rain complained as she stood up after him.
"Just ignore him, he's a daft creature," Bogwater tried to comfort.
Rain and Bogwater followed after the creature, coming to a far end of the gate. This end was not as taken care off it seemed, as some of the walls where beginning to crumble, and there was a strange crack going all the way down to the ground.
"Here," pointed the creature, "Wes used the crumbly pieces as a ledge." He immediately began to scale the wall. He was surprisingly fast.
Rain followed behind him, placing her foot on one edge and heaving herself up on the next. Bogwater did the same. It was tiring for Rain, since she was still tired from her endeavors last night, and because the wall was so high, but she pressed on. Her only problem is that she had a fear of heights.
It was relatively easy for Bogwater, since he had to have lots of training similar to this. He noticed Rain struggling, and occasionally would encourage her on. "You are doing good Rain, we just have a little bit further to go."
Rain didn't say anything in return, one wrong move and she would be falling down on top of him. Then they would both probably be dead, and that seemed like a bad idea.
It took at least an hour for them to get all the way up to the top of the gate. Once they did Rain sat weakly down on the edge. "I can't believe we made it."
"We've just got to go down now," huffed Bogwater. He was just as tired as she was.
Rain feebly looked over the edge, it was a loooong way down. Her legs felt weak and her feet hurt. "Alright."
The creature was already making his way down the other side of the gate.
"How is he doing that?" Rain cried pitifully.
Bogwater started down as well, "We can do it too, come on. We can rest once we're down."
Rain groaned loudly, swinging her legs over the side and slowly making her way down as well.
"I really should have worked out more while I was in the village," she joked as they made their way closer to the ground.
It took at least another two hours to get all the way down to the ground, well at least for Rain. Bogwater and Creature where down way before her.
"We thinks we should just leaves her, Gollum, gollum."
"I think not!" Rain retorted as she took another cautious step.
Bogwater suddenly had an idea. "You have five minutes, then we'll go on without you."
"Wait just a minute! That's not fair!" Rain cried.
"You're wasting tiiime," Bagwater sang.
Rain began to climb down as fast as her weak legs could go. "I'm coming! I'm coming!"
Bogwater chuckled to himself, it was fun to tease her.
In less than five minutes Rain finally made it. As soon as her feet hit the ground she collapsed into a heap.
Bogwater crouched down next to her, "You did good Rain. It'll be easy from here on out, I promise."
Rain patted her friend's forehead, "It better be or I'll kill you."
Bogwater smirked, "Sure you will."
Rain grinned weakly, too tired to say anything in return.
"You can sleep now if you want, I'll keep watch." Bogwater decided.
"You sure?" Rain asked.
"We're hidden by boulders, we're safe for now. Safer than we were in the marsh."
Rain nodded, "Goodnight, Bog."
"Night."
And soon the girl was in a deep sleep.