Cubs

Bogwater led Rain to were he left the tiger. As soon as the tiger saw them coming he stood up and motioned with his big, furry, head to follow him. The two obeyed and were led through the forest and into a deep cave. The sound of pitter-pattering feet echoed through the cave. Two baby tigers came running towards the big tiger, pouncing onto him.
"Dad! Dad!" they cried with joy.
The tiger looked over at Rain with a tiger smile, "This is why I went to the cove. I had to protect my kin. Thanks to you, I am still alive and can be with my children. Thank you."
Rain looked down at the ground with a shy grin, "You're welcome." Rain was never used to such compliments. One time she had helped her sister from drowning in the river, and the whole village praised the girl as a hero. Rain didn't feel like a hero though, because it was her fault her sister slipped in the river in the first place. She had been leading her sister across the river by the stepping stones. Rain got distracted for one brief second and her sister let go of her hand and slipped. Rain didn't feel deserving of such praises.
Bogwater gave the girl a hug, "You were so brave Rain, running out like that when you knew you could be hurt. I'm proud of you."
Rain blushed, giving an awkward laugh, "Thanks."
The tiger spoke up, "There's something else I would like to show you, as a token of my appreciation."
The tiger disappeared into the darkness of the cave, before returning with a stone in his mouth. He dropped the stone in front of Rain, it was a deep blue color, with white streaks. It was beautiful.
"This is called an Amurë stone. Each stone had it's own magical properties. They grow deep within this cave. This one is still immature and has not developed it's powers. I think it's fitting for you, a young girl who has not yet realized her full potential. Grow together, and help each other. The stone can not speak, but it does grow attached to it's owner. Please take this stone and keep it safe."
Rain bent over, picking it up in her hands. The stone fit perfectly in the palm of her hand. "I promise to keep it safe."
The tiger gave a deep bow and turned to leave, "Thank you for accepting my gift. Now I must return to my people."
"Goodbye!" Rain cried as the tiger disappear into the cave, his cubs following behind him.
Bogwater looked at the stone with narrow eyes, "What an odd gift."
Rain shrugged, "It's pretty."
      "What kind of magical properties do you think it has?"
Rain laughed, "Something useful I hope."
"Like eternal youth?" Bogwater suggested.
"Or eternal bacon strips."
Rain grinned sheepishly. Bogwater threw his head back in laughter.
Bogwater ruffled the girl's hair, "Come on, let's get back to the ship."
Rain pouted, "I don't wanna."
"Me either, but we should get back before they send out a search party."
"I don't think that they'd actually care enough to do that."
Bogwater took the girl by the arm and began to lead her out of the forest and back to the white beaches. "Probably not."
Rain followed her friend in silence, her mind going back to Havish. What was going on with him? Why had he been acting so different lately? Blackbeard probably had something to do with it. She didn't trust the strange pirate. She really didn't trust any of the pirates.
Bogwater noticed the girl's sudden quietness, "What are you thinking about?" It always worried him when she started getting quiet. When Rain started getting lost in her thoughts, which was often, she would get this clouded look on her face. He didn't like it when this happened.
"I just can't figure out what's going on with Havish," Rain frowned, "He's been acting so strange."
Bogwater frowned as well, so that's what was bothering her. "I don't know what to tell you, Rain. It's been bothering me too."
"Do you think Blackbeard might have something to do with it?" Rain questioned.
The Uruk sneered at the mention of the Pirate Captain's name, "Of course, why didn't I realize it before? He's been brainwashing Havish." It made so much sense now. There was no way Havish would willingly sell off his command of a ship, the old geezer was too power hungry, bossy if you will.
Rain furrowed her brows, "Brainwashing? How would a pirate brainwash an old man?"
"I don't know," he shrugged, "but I'm going to find out." Determined to accomplish this new mission, Bogwater walked as fast as he could back to the ship. He would demand answers if he had to.
"How?" the girl questioned as she speed up to keep up with her friend.
"I don't know, but the best place to start is the Captain's room. There has to be a clue somewhere there."
Rain grabbed at her friend's arm, pulling him back to face her, "Okay, let's just think about this a minute. We can't just start rushing in and breaking down the door."
"Why not?"
Rain rolled her eyes, "Blackbeard won't stand for it! He'll kill you the minute you try anything. Anyway, we need the key to get in. The door is locked."
Bogwater scrunched his nose up in frustration, "Well, what do you suggest I do?"
A lightbulb lit up in Rain's head. A grin mischievous spread on her face.
The Orc was taken aback by this look, "What did you just think?" His eyes grew wide with worry.
"Who do we know that knows everything there is to know about the ship?" Rain pressed.
Bogwater's face fell. "Lorsan?"
"Exactly. He'll know where the pirates store the keys."
"I don't like where this is going, Rain," Bogwater groaned.
"We need his help, Bog."
"Won't we be caught though? I mean, won't they notice us taking the keys?" questioned the Uruk.
"Not if it's a night-time operation."
Bogwater let out another groan, "Now I really don't like where this is going."
"You can get your beauty sleep after we get proof that Blackbeard is up to something. Right now we need to get in that room."
"So, you'll just walk up to Lorsan and be all," He raised his voice to a higher pitch, to mock Rain's, "'Hey, pretty boy, wanna give me the location to the pirate keys? Maybe I'll make out in the corner with you afterwards to show my appreciation.'"
Rain slapped her friend on his arm. "Shut up!" she laughed.
Bogwater rubbed his arm where she slapped him, laughing back at her, "Ow!"
That's when Lorsan came thrashing through some tall grass. Bogwater made kissing noises at the air to mock his friend. She stuck her tongue out at him.
"Hey, Lorsan," Bogwater gave the Elf a fake grin, "We were just talking about you."
The Elf pushed through the grass, "Oh, really?" He gave a fake grin back.
Bogwater opened his mouth to say something, but Rain cut him off before he could cause any more trouble. "Yeah, we were just going to ask if you knew where the pirates keep the keys to get into the Captain's room?"
"There's some spare keys in the hull, why?" questioned Lorsan with a raised eyebrow. He knew this was going to lead to trouble.
"We want to sneak them out tonight so we can get into the room when Blackbeard and Havish are both gone," explained the girl.
"Why?" Lorsan frowned. This didn't seem like a very good idea. If they were caught, there was no doubt that the pirates would punish the three severely. Lorsan didn't want to be punished severely by pirates. It did not sound like a fun experience.
Rain sighed, "We think Blackbeard is up to something. Something bad."
Lorsan sighed, "Alright, fine. I'll take you to the keys, but we'll have to be careful. There's a guard usually posted around that area."
"That's why we're doing this tonight. The pirate guarding the keys will most likely be either drunk or asleep or both," Rain explained, "So we have a clear shot for the keys."
Lorsan frowned, "Alright. Tonight then."
"Tonight," nodded Rain.
"Tonight," sighed Bogwater.