College

Au where they're students in college

____

"Lydia, you just need to learn to let loose. It's two days before school and you've not once partied this summer," said Kira with a sigh, as Allison and Malia nodded in agreement.

The four of them were sitting on the bed that belonged to Lydia Martin, all meeting up with her to discuss party plans for this Saturday night: Monday being their junior year of college finally starting. Lydia was dorm mates with Malia, and she was already planning on going out tonight. Lydia wanted to stay behind and get herself organized, but Malia didn't like that and proceeded to call her lame. Then she actually called Allison and Kira, who were dorm mates who they met in English Lit in freshmen year. So they came over and tried to persuade Lydia to go out.

Everyone but Lydia was in fact ready to go, knowing that they should be ready before hand to go to the club a block away from the Syracuse campus. Malia was wearing a tight emerald green dress, almost the color of Lydia's eyes when she was sitting in the glistening sun. Allison wore a purple dress which hugged her skinny body in all the right places with grey pumps. Kira wore a skin tight red dress, bringing out the fire in her eyes and the danger in her plump lips. Lydia knew that they looked hotter than Hades and would pick up so many guys tonight.

"I've been studying the biological science of-" Lydia tried to protest, but Allison cut her off.

"Sweets." Allison folded her arms across her chest, causing her breasts to move up slightly. "You've been doing that day and night. You're definitely going to pass the class, no doubt about it. Plus, you can meet a guy tonight. You can't be infatuated with Jackson forever."

Lydia awkwardly blushed, hating how her old boyfriend was always brought up in times like these.

Malia cleared her throat. "And I get that it's really important to you, but you deserve a break. You have tomorrow to sober up. My brain hurts just thinking about biology," admitted Malia. Allison pursed her lips and agreed silently. Kira hummed and shifted her weight onto one foot.

Lydia huffed and eyed them one last time, closing her eyes with a defeated sigh and shutting her textbook shut morosely. The girls cheered at their friend.

"I'll do your hair," said Kira.

"I'll do your makeup," gushed Allison.

"I'm picking out your dress," smirked Malia.

Lydia didn't bother to argue as she was told to sit down, hands all over her as she was commanded to do things in order for the makeup to look right or the hair to be in place. Malia came back in a little while later, going back to Kira's dorm claiming that they "Have the best dress for you!" Lydia was a puppet, and she didn't even try to oblige.

Almost forty minutes later, when Lydia was all dolled up in smokey eye makeup and a provocative black dress with heels too high, ready to go as her friends dragged her out of the dorm, and then the campus, and then onto the bus they'd ride to the club.

________

Lydia was sort of regretting not partying over the summer.

She missed the overwhelmingly loud bass that vibrated against her porcelain skin, and the smell of whiskey burning down someone's throat and being passed around to drink. Sweaty bodies surrounded her every point of view, and she couldn't help but grin to remember all those times she partied in high school. College came around and she began to take things seriously.

Malia's grip on her small hand was gone minutes ago, the tall brunette being lost in the jumble of hot guys and horny girls which left Lydia all alone in the mix of strangers. But it didn't seem to faze her. One, two, three shots later and suddenly everyone as her friend and dancing partner. She saw Kira or Allison once across the crowd, but didn't bother to try and push by all the jumping college students and other people turning up to a mass extent.