Ashamed

au; lydia is diagnosed with cancer and is afraid to tell stiles

_____

___

_

Lydia never believed in miracles. Sure, maybe coincidences and good luck; but miracles were a long shot. Especially for people like her.

Lydia never tried to brag about things she got, which never happened because she grew up with a poor mother trying to fend for her only daughter. So, she didn't get much. She didn't get many presents under the tree in the winter, and that was fine. Because Lydia understood what her mom was going through. She didn't need her money being spent on things they didn't need. Lydia only wanted what she needed.

She didn't need cancer, thought. And yet, it somehow wanted her.

It was a tragedy when she found out because everything was a mess. Lydia's mom was trying to pay for her debt in her job whist trying to pay for chemotherapy. It was too hard at once, and Lydia knew her mom would lose all her money if she continued this stunt. It wasn't even five months after the news where Lydia told the doctor and her mother that she didn't want treatment.

So she had six months left.

Six months left to live a lifetime; it felt like a minute. Everything you've wanted to do in life is now limited to a certain amount of time, and it only seemed like six months was six minutes. Then six seconds. Then six milliseconds. And so fourth. She barely could grasp onto the fact that she was going to die in six months, and live a lifetime.

Lydia knew it was a childish thing to do; she made a bucket list. All the ideas were completely and utterly crazy and impossible, but she plotted them down as if they were going to happen in the next four days. She wanted to live her last breaths up to the fullest, and that's what she started to do.

BUCKET LIST OF
ADVENTURES FOR A LIFETIME

• go to disneyland with most important ppl

• get drunk

• pull an all nighter w everyone

• be able to say 'what happens in vegas stays in vegas

• skydive

• ride a roller coaster (soz im lame!!!!)

• sneak out

• go to italy

• get married

• have kids (long shot)

• meet famous people

• deadass skinny dip

• go to a concert

• go to beach w everyone

• be happy

Lydia stopped writing when her phone started ringing, and Allison's name popped up on the called ID. Allison and Lydia's mother were the only people who knew about Lydia's condition, and she was okay with that. She still didn't know how to tell Stiles, her boyfriend. She didn't have the heart to break his.

She picked up the phone. "Hey," she said. "Everything good?"

"Yeah," her best friend sighed over the phone. "It's just Stiles. He keeps asking me if you're okay because he feels like you aren't telling him anything anymore and he doesn't want to lose you, blah blah blah, all that sappy romance stuff. You should really tell him soon, Lyds. You can't wear that strawberry blonde wig forever."