||M r s. S h a m i m||

F o u r t e en

He has so many
creations,
and yet He never forgets me,
but I only have One Creator,
and I've forgotten Him countless of times.

-Shaykh Saadi-

Recap:
"Why are you doing this.......for me?"

He paused and stopped walking. "You still don't know who you are. Right?"

Mashal

I stopped in my tracts and looked at him seriously. "I know who I am. I am Naeem Ansar's daughter and I'm a Syrian." I said with confidence because this was one thing about me, I was sure of.

Zeyara raised his brow at me, "But do you know who Naeem Ansar was?"

My whole system shook when he used the word 'was' with my father's name but I concealed it within. "I- no I don't. All I know is that he was a muslim, a Syrian and my father."

Zeyara looked away from me and towards the busy road of Sialkot which was bustling with cars. The agitated drivers were continuously honking, trying to make their way through the traffic jam.
To be honest, it felt as if the busy, buzzing road was like a metaphor for what I was feeling.
Jammed.

"Naeem Ansar was the leader of Alnihayya." Zeyara said, slowly exhaling the breath he was holding which caused a cloud of fog to be formed due to the cold.

I felt rooted to the ground as soon as I heard him mention 'Alnihayya'.
This could not be true!

Zeyara had turned away so that I was facing his back and I could understand why. He didn't want to face me after what he had said.

But I needed answers.
I turned a whole three sixty degrees to face him, causing my abaya to flow in the cold wind. "M-my father was the leader of Alnihayya?! That movement which fights against ISIS and taliban?"

"Yes. He was the one who started the fight against extremists and freed Syria." Zeyara explained, "He was martyred by them but the movement is still working as you see in the news."

"Unbelievable." I gasped but he didn't reply and continued walking. I followed him closely behind, still trying to process what was happening and what he had said.

Alnihayya is world famous for fighting against ISIS. They have killed thousands of terrorists and saved millions of people from terrorist attacks but they are still a secret. No one knows where they actually work and plan everything. Their base and headquarters have never been found. They have kept it a secret because if the terrorists find out their real identity they would not hesitate to kill them.

My brain was telling me everything I knew of Alnihayya and I was lost in that, not paying attention to what was happening in the real world. When I snapped out of my day dream, I saw that Zeyara had stopped walking and was trying to communicate with a rikshaw driver at the end of the pavement. The rikshaw was heavily decorated and looked like a piece of art.

 The rikshaw was heavily decorated and looked like a piece of art