#39 ◇ Namjoon

Angst | Fluff | Reactions | Others

Words: 629

Summary: Namjoon being your husband, you were pregnant but you never had the time to tell him since he was always working. One day you were about to give birth without him knowing.

Being pregnant without your husband knowing was probably the worst yet cliche feeling ever. You never had the time to tell Namjoon about your baby, he didn't even notice the tiny bump in your tummy.

Namjoon was always busy with work. Leaving the house as early as 7am, and coming home late as 2am. It was difficult for you to keep a secret from your husband. You've always tried to tell him but he would be too tired.

"You know I love you, right?" Said Namjoon as he kissed your forehead.

You sighed and nodded. "Yeah, and I love you too," you leaned in and rested your head on his chest, hearing his steady heartbeat.

Namjoon smiled down at you adoringly. He rubbed your back in a soothing manner, "I'm sorry if i'm too busy with work, you know how Bang-Pdnim is, right?" He sighed sadly.

You nodded, closing your eyes, just appreciating this moment. "I understand, I can wait,"

You were 5 months pregnant now and Namjoon never noticed a thing. Right after he come home, he would take a shower and wore his sweatpants and slept next to you. He never got the chance to examine you anymore, he was too busy for that.

He grabbed you by your waist and pulled you closer towards him, just so he could give you a kiss on your cheek. Sighing, he mumbled and apology before turning the other way around and falling asleep.

You were now on 7 months. Your tummy was too obvious to hide, you didn't care anymore. What's the point of telling Namjoon when it was already too obvious? He would find out by himself, sooner or later.

"Babe, I love you and all, but you seem bigger in size, not that I'm complaining!"

You sighed and shrugged. How come didn't he notice? Does he need glasses or something?

Soon, it was already your 8th month weeks of pregnancy. Just a month more. Namjoon still never spoke anything about it.

"Babe,"

Your head lifted up to meet his gaze. "Yes?"

"Are you... pregnant?" He finally asked. 8 months. It took him 8 months to figure out you were carrying a baby in your stomach.

Tears filled your eyes when he said that. You nodded, the frown on your lips was replacee by a huge smile. Standing up, you sauntered towards Namjoon and gave him a big hug.

"How long has it been?" Asked Namjoon. "1 month?"

You shook your head as you croaked out, "8 months,"

Namjoon's eyes widened in shock as you said that. He was surprised you didn't tell him for 8 months. Heck! How could he not notice your huge tummy?

"You didn't tell me? Baby, you should've told me!" He scolded you.

You sighed. "I wanted to, but you were too busy,"

Guilt washed over your husband. It was his fault for never looking after you. It was his fault for not taking care of you. It was his fault for not noticing the change in you, outside and inside.

"I'm sorry, my baby," Namjoon broke down into tears, wrapping his arms around your waist, careful not to squeeze you too tight. "I'm sorry for not taking care of you,"

"Ani (no)," you shake your head. "It's not your fault. You knew about it now, it's fine. Please don't cry."

Namjoon took a deep breathe. "I'm not crying. I just... feel bad,"

"What for?" I questioned. "It's okay,"

"Just know that I love you alright? Even though we don't see each other everyday,"