Chapter 13

*HARRY*

God, I should've just let the question go. I'm such a fucking idiot.

"I'm sorry," Kat said.

"Sorry for what?" I say looking over at her.

"I over reacted, I shouldn't have gotten so upset over something so stupid," she says.

"It's not your fault. I should've let it go," I say.

She stayed quiet, probably not knowing what to do. We pulled into her driveway and I locked the doors before she could get out.

"Harry-" I leaned over and kissed her.

"I'm not a bad guy, Kat. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you," I say after pulling away. I unlock the doors and she gets out.

I watch as she walks to the door and unlocks it. She turns around and gives a slight wave and a smile.I drive away once she shuts the door.

I walked in my house and sat down on the couch with my elbows on my knees, thinking over what happened.

"God, I'm such a fuck up," I say quietly to myself.

I walk to my room and collapse on my bed. I put my hands behind my head and stare at the ceiling.

I think back to our game in the car. She likes the color green, she likes math, there isn't much I can do with that information. There was something else too. What was it?

It's an action, I think it might have something to do with music, I think she said you have to do it with your mouth. Singing! That's it, she liked singing!

We both like singing. That's something we can do together seen as how I can't do math with her.

Before I knew it I fell asleep with a slight smile on my face.

***

*KAT*

I wake up in a cold sweat, breathing heavy. It's 2:30 in the morning. I know that I won't be able to get back to sleep so I walk to the bathroom and start the shower; hoping that it might help me a little.

I stand there under the hot, steaming water. I stay for a long time before I wash my hair and body. I wrap a towel around my body and look in the mirror. I see my ugly scarred up face with some long cuts still healing.

I dry my body, not wanting to look at myself any longer. Some people used to call me beautiful. My dad used to before he went crazy. The friends I used to have, Some boys did too.

But then, my mother left and I got cuts on my face and my wrists. My friends didn't want to be seen with someone like that and the boys who said I was pretty finally came to their senses and left me alone. My dad hated me after my mum left, and you usually don't call someone you hate beautiful.

I didn't mind though, because whenever they said it I didn't believe them anyway because I knew it wasn't true, what they were saying.

There is one person who thinks I'm beautiful. Harry. Harry thinks I'm beautiful. But soon he's going to leave my life as well so I doesn't really matter what he thinks.

Soon all I'll have left is myself. That's alright. That way I don't need to impress anyone.

I really don't want Harry to leave though. He makes me feel like I'm finally protected from the world. I like Harry.

I walk to the living room, turn the T.V. on and lay down. I think I might have Harry's number, maybe he's still up.

To Harry <3:

Hey.

He probably put his name since there's a heart next to his name. My phone vibrated.

From Harry <3:

Hey:) What are you doing up so late?

To Harry <3:

Just a bad dream. I can't get back to sleep.

I hit send. I waited and waited for him to reply. It took a while before I got a reply.

From Harry <3:

Come outside.

I get up and look out the window. I see Harry standing in my driveway. I walk to the door, smiling.

"Hey," I say, still smiling.

"Hey, beautiful," I blush. He takes my hand and starts to walk.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You said you couldn't sleep and I couldn't either. So here I am," he smiles and I laugh.

"Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I walk down to the beach," he says.

"Is that where we're going?"

"You'll just have to wait and see," he says.