Chapter 38

*KAT*

Today's the day Harry and I meet with this guy Harry had been talking to. I'm so nervous I just want to vomit. It makes me feel better that I know Harry is going. He can do all the talking. I don't need to talk to him, this was Harry's idea. I'm also afraid if I do open my mouth I might throw up.

"You don't have to get dressed up. We're just meeting to talk with him." Harry says pulling my attention away from mirror I was staring at.

"I'm going to because I don't want to make a bad impression." I smile.

"You won't make a bad impression."

"Please, I make a bad impression on everyone." I say fixing my shirt.

"You didn't make a bad impression on me when I met you." he says, smiling.

"I ran into you like a mad man. And you thought I was crazy."

"I'll admit I did think that a bit, but then I got to know you." he says hugging me.

"Don't get all serious on me, Harry." I said walking to the bathroom to fix my hair.

"Are you ready yet? We have to get going."

"Yeah, hold on."

"You look fine, now come on."

He grabs my hand and quickly walks out the door. I try to keep up with his long strides, but end up running to catch him.

"Harry, slow down."

"Sorry."

He slowed his pace a little, but I was still almost running to keep up.

The car ride was quick, and the next thing I know is that I'm sitting with Harry in a waiting room, waiting for this man to talk with us.

"Harry, you made it." a voice called.

We walked over to what I assumed was his office door. Harry shook his hand greeting him.

"And I see you brought a friend."

"This is Kat." Harry said.

"Ah, yes, your lovely girlfriend, as I recall." he said kissing my hand.

"Please, come in."

We walked into his office and sat down across from him on opposite sides of his desk.

"So, Harry tells me that you can sing. This is true, yes?"

"Um,"

"Yes, sir, it's true." Harry interrupted.

"He also tells me that it would be wonderful if he could do his singing career with you. But for that to happen, I will need to hear you two sing a bit." he said. "So, if you would just follow me to the sound booth, we can get right on that."

Harry and I followed him to the sound booth. He directed us to where two sets of headphones were hanging on microphones.

"Ready?" he asked.

Harry gave him a thumbs up and put his headphones on. I followed. My stomach went up in butterflies. Harry grabs my hand and holds it reassuringly.

"You'll do great." He said. I nodded and the music started.

The tune was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. That was until Harry started to sing the first verse. Then I realized that it was the Maroon 5 song that we sang at the fair. I started in on the chorus harmonizing with Harry.

When the song was over, I was scared to hear what Mr. Blackwell had to say to me.

"You sounded great. I think you two would make a great pair." he said, smiling at me.

"Thank you, sir." I say.

"Now if you can just sign the papers for me," he handed us the papers and started to walk away. "I need to meet with a few more guests now, I'll be back later to collect those papers."

When we heard the door shut behind him, we celebrated quietly. Harry picked me up, hugging me and spinning.

"I told you, you would do great." he said.

"I can't believe we actually did it!" I exclaim. "Having a career in singing is something I never would've thought I would do."

"You're going to do great." he smiled.

"We're going to do great. But if we don't get these papers signed we won't have a job at all." I say sitting down to sign papers.

***

"Alright, do you have those papers for me?" Mr. Blackwell asks.

I hand him the thick stack of papers that took more than an hour to sign.

"Thank you. Now, tomorrow you will have to come in and meet with your manager. He'll tell you everything you need to know and where your first show will be. Plan on being here at eight for the rest of the week."

"Thank you, sir." Harry says shaking his ham once more.

"Please, call me Sam."

***

Hello beautiful people!
I know it's been centuries since I've updated and I tried my best to make this chapter not suck.
I'll try to update more but school-_-
Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this incredibly horrible chapter.