Chapter 31

*KAT*

It's been five weeks since we went to the amusement park. Five weeks since Harry first told me he loved me. Five weeks since I've told Harry that I love him. Five weeks since the best day of my life.

Nothing special has been happening. We've both been going to work. The only thing that's new is my job. I'm now a receptionist at the local hotel. It pays more than the diner. Not that I didn't like working at the diner, I loved the people there, I just thought it would be better to have a job that pays more.

Harry and I have been going on dates more frequently than we used to. I think it has something to do with what happened five weeks ago and with me finally getting comfortable here.

Today is Saturday and thankfully neither Harry nor I work weekends any more. I was just about to get up and take a shower until the phone rang.

It was usually for Harry or one of those pesky collectors, but this time was different.

I answer the phone. A recording came on asking me if I accepted the call.

"I accept." I say curious as to who it was. Harry must have heard because he came in and stood leaning on the wall watching me talk to the person.

I really wish I wouldn't have accepted. His rough voice sent chills down my spine. I hang the phone up when he begins yelling.

I guess Harry didn't stay for the whole thing because he came walking back from the kitchen.

"You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." he said running his fingers up an down my back. When I didn't answer, he got worried.

"Kat, what's wrong? Who was that on the phone?"

I couldn't answer. I ran to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet. Harry came running in not long after me. After five minutes of vomiting, I was finally able to breathe.

I leaned into Harry and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt a tear run down my cheek, and another, and another.

"It was him," I said, hardly a whisper.

"Sorry?"

"It was him, Harry. He knows where I am."

"Who knows where you are?"

"My dad." even calling him that makes me sick to my stomach. I lean over the toilet again.

After violently vomiting some more, I finally felt better.

"He won't hurt you anymore. I promise. You're safe with me." Harry said comforting me.

"Two weeks. He gets out in two weeks." I said crying. "Harry, please don't let him take me back. I can't go back with him."

"He won't touch you. I promised to keep you safe and I intend to keep that promise." he said holding me tightly.

We spent the rest of our day sitting together with the TV playing quietly.

***

"Harry! Harry, help!" I scream.

I'm being pulled toward the window in our room by him. Harry comes quickly, but not quick enough.

"Stop! Let me go!" I yell as he runs toward the road.

"Shut up, bitch." he said and gagged me.

He laid me down in the driveway. I saw Harry running towards us, but I soon felt a sharp pain come from my chest. I then blacked out.

I wake up in a cold sweat and sit straight up. Harry was standing and turned to look at me. I was on the verge of tears as he walk towards me.