Chapter 33

~The Picture Above Is Kat~

*HARRY*

I frantically drive around the slow moving cars. I don't have time for this shit. If you're older than sixty, then you shouldn't be on the road at night, Jesus.

I pull into the drive way, and run up to the front door. I walk in and Liam is sitting quietly watching whatever was on I guess.

"Hey, mate. Finally finished then?" He asked.

"Yeah. Where's Kat?"

"She nodded off. I guess she was still feeling a bit ill." I nodded.

"Thanks, man. I owe you one." I say.

"Don't worry about it. It was no big deal." He pats me on the back and leaves.

I stand there silently for a minute then quietly head up the stairs. I slowly open the door to the dark room. I look towards the bed and it's empty. The bathroom doors opens and light fills the dark bedroom. Kat comes out wiping her mouth. I guess she's still getting sick.

"Harry?" She said.

I quickly walk over to her and wrap my arms tightly around her. I knew nothing would've happened with Liam downstairs, but I was still relieved when I saw that Kat wasn't hurt and still here.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, just, you know." she said.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"No, I'm just stressed." she said running her fingers the though her hair.

"Did anything happen today?" I ask leading her over to the bed.

"No."

"Don't lie to me, Kat."

"Nothing happened."

"Kat-"

"Nothing happened, Harry! If I say nothing happened, then nothing happened!" she said walking away from me.

"I'm trying to protect you! To keep you safe! If you don't tell me things how am I supposed to do that?"

"Harry, I'm fine!"

"No, Kat! You're not fine! You were just in there getting sick! That's not fine! You need help! You can't do everything alone!" I full on yelled.

"I can try, can't I?"

She ran into the bathroom. I tried to follow her but she slammed the door shut and locked it. I knew she was either getting sick or crying. I don't know which. All I was trying to do was protect her. She knows I would die trying to save her and keep her safe. Why can't she just realize she needs help? Hasn't she learned she can't do everything by herself yet? I go and knock on the door.

"Kat? Are you okay?"

"Go away!"

I pick the lock with one of her bobby pins she left laying around and swing the door open.

"I said go away, Harry!" she went to push me away, but I caught her hands before she could.

"I'm not going to leave until you tell me why you're so upset about answering my question!"

"Because, you won't just let it go! Why don't you believe me when I say nothing happened?"

"I don't believe you because you wouldn't be acting this way if something didn't!" I let go of her hands and walked away.

*KAT*

When Harry let me go, I fell to the ground. I'm sure I'll have bruises on my wrists from where he was holding me. He didn't even turn around. I don't know where he was going and if I should follow him or not.

I didn't hear the door slam or his car start so he must still be here. I quietly walk down the stairs and look around. I feel a cold breeze coming from the kitchen. I see the sliding glass door open and Harry standing there running his hands over his face. He turns around and shakes his head. He walks in and walks right past me.

I sigh. "What do you want me to do, Harry?"

"I want you to answer the damn question, Kat. That's what I want you to do." he answered quickly and sharply. "Did something happen?"

"Yes, Harry. Something did happen."

"Why didn't you say that first?" he said angrily.

"Because I didn't want you to worry. I wanted to keep it to myself and let you think everything was getting better."

"Why, Kat? Why would you want me to think that? I need to know these things!"

"Why? So you can go out, kill somebody and go to jail?"

"No. So I can get us away from here if we need to go! So if he tries to hurt you I can protect you! So if something happens and someone has to die, it'll be me instead of you!"

I'm not sure what to say after that. I look down at my wrists and see little purple marks starting to appear. I really hope something like that doesn't happen. I don't know what I'd do if Harry was dead. Just thinking about Harry dying makes tears run down my face. I wipe them away so he couldn't see, but he did anyway.

"Kat, why are you crying?"

"Because I don't want you to die for me. Just thinking about you dying makes me scared."

"I'm not going to die. I just said that. Nothing's going to happen to me, I'm going to be fine." he said holding me tightly and sighing.

"What if something does happen? What if you do die? What am I supposed to do? I can't do this by myself. I need your help, I can't protect myself. Who else do I have if you're gone?" I cry harder into his shirt.

"Nothing is going to happen. I'll be here with you. You can't get rid of me no matter how hard you try." he said trying to lighten the mood.

He grabs my wrist, and I wince. He looks worriedly at me and lifts my hand to examine my wrist.

"Did I do that?" he asks.

"Harry, it-"

"Kat, please."

I nod my head slightly. He wraps his arms around me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was hurting you. I wouldn't ever try to hurt you."

I lean up and connect our lips. I move my hands to his neck and he moves his to my hips.

"I love you, Harry." I say when we break away.

"I love you, too, Kat."

***

So since I can now add pictures and videos I have added a picture to this chapter and the next chapter. I would make a trailer but I'm very challenged with how technology works sometimes so I don't know how to make one. So if someone would like to make one for me that'd be great.