Chapter 14

*KAT*

"You'll just have to wait and see," he says.He picks me up and starts running and laughing.

"Harry!" I yell and bury my face in his chest.

"Just trying to have a bit of fun, love." he laughs. I notice that we had made it to the beach.

"Don't drop me," I say. He walks to the pier and stops at the edge.

"Oh, you mean like this?" he says. I should've seen it coming but didn't realize it until I was in the air.

I felt the cold water hit me. I opened my eyes to try and see anything, then I felt another splash next to me. I went to the top, gasping for air.Harry came up next to me, his curls dripping wet.

"Oh my God, Harry! I can't believe you did that!" I said once I caught my breath.

"It's fucking cold!" I tell him. He laughs. He swims toward me and pulls me under water with him.

I open my eyes to see Harry's face inches from mine. Then I feel lips pressed to mine. I closed my eyes again and kissed back.

He pulled us up to the surface and pull away. He wrapped his arms around me, keeping me warm. I only now noticed that he didn't have his shirt on. I rested my head against his hard chest.

"Let's get going," he said. He swam to the side and left me standing there, freezing.

"Are you coming?" he yelled.

I saw he had his shirt on and was standing there waiting for me to come. I swim to him and get out. I don't have anything to keep me warm since Harry threw me in the water fully clothed.

"Harry, I'm cold," I say walking to him and running my arms to conserve body heat.

"I know," he says. He takes a sweater, that I didn't know he was wearing, off and puts it on me.

He bends down and I climb on his back, assuming that's what he meant. He begins walking. His sweater smells like him. That's my new favorite smell.

"What time is it?" I ask. He checks his phone.

"About three thirty," he says.

I rest my head on his shoulder because I'm really tired now. I guess whenever I can't sleep I should just come down here with Harry.

Before I know it, Harry is walking up to my front door. He walks up the stairs and into my room. He puts me down so I can get changed.

I walk to the bathroom and put on yoga pants. I put Harry's sweater back on and walk to my room and find Harry standing there looking at his phone.

He looks up and smiles. I walk over and hug him; still slightly cold from our swim. He hugs me back and rests his chin on my head.

"It's getting late, love," he says.

"I don't want you to go," I say looking at him.

"Will you stay?" I ask. He sighs.

"Kat I-"

"Please?" I say. He sighs again.

I go sit on my bed, pull my knees to my chest and look at him with big eyes.

"Fine," he says.

"Yay!" I cheer. I run over and pull him to my bed.

***

It's 5:45 in the morning. Harry and I didn't sleep at all. We stayed up and talked about anything that came to our minds.

We laid next to each other with our hands behind our heads; acting as if we had known each other forever.

I guess in a way you could call us best friends. We do pretty much everything together.

But I'm sure Harry doesn't feel the same way. He probably thinks that I'm just another girl trying to get his attention.Then again, he did ask me out on a date.

I would like to be more than friends with Harry, but there's no way I'm going to tell him that. He just gives me this feeling that I had never gotten from anyone else.

"Kat," he said, pulling me out of my daydream

"Sorry," I say.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, just thinking," I say.

"About,"

"Things,"

"C'mon Kat, you can tell me," he said rolling over on his side facing me.

I don't know where the courage came from, but instead of telling him what I was thinking about, I asked him:

"Are you going to stay in my life? Or are you going leave?" he looked taken aback when I asked that, but I mean, who wouldn't be with a question like that.

"Kat-"

"Please Harry. Please just answer,"

"I don't know. I would like to stay, but I'm not sure if you will let me or not," he says.I turn over, not facing him, and cry silently.

"Kat, why are you crying?" he asks turning me over. I sit up and lean on the wall and Harry sits in front of me.

"Kat, please answer me," he says soothingly.

"Don't leave, Harry." I say wrapping arms around his neck.

"I won't leave. Just tell me why you're crying," he rubs my back, trying to calm me down

"Because every person I meet leaves! They never care enough to stay! My mum, my dad, my friends, everyone left me!" I say.

"And of you leave, I'll have no one left,"

"Kat, I'm not going to leave. I'm sorry they left you, but if they left, they obviously didn't need you as much as they wanted you to believe they did. And you sure as hell don't need them. You have me. I won't leave you like they did," he says making feel better.

He laid down and I rested my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat slowing down. I felt his steady breathing and closed my eyes.

"Thank you, Harry." I say before going into a deep sleep.