Chapter 28

*HARRY*

"She wouldn't run away from you for no reason." Louis said.

"I swear to God Lou, I didn't do anything."

He's been harassing me about what happened for the past hour.

"I don't understand why you don't believe me." I said irritated.

"Because, she wouldn't run away from you like that unless you've done something horrible to her."

I lay down on the couch and cup my hands around my face, sighing.

"Give her some time. I'm sure she'll come around." Liam says.

"Yeah, even though what you did was probably awful." Niall joked.

"I told you I didn't do anything!"

The boys laughed. I groaned.

*KAT*

I spent the past hour talking to Zayn. I explained that Harry really didn't do anything and it was all a dream.

Even though he doesn't say much, what he does say usually is deep and meaningful. Out of all the boys here; excluding Harry, I would consider Zayn my best friend.

"I don't know where it came from. It just kind of popped out out nowhere." I said, calmer than before.

"You should talk to him about it. He'll understand."

"I don't know..."

"Look, I'm not trying to force you to do anything. I'm just saying, maybe you two should talk about it. Get some sleep, babe." he walked to the door and shut it quietly.

I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned most of the night. I looked up at the ceiling. Should I talk to Harry? He wouldn't understand.

I wish I had a friend that I could talk to about it. Maybe I should just forget about it. I think that would be best. Oh my God why is it so hot in here? I'm overreacting, I just need some air.

I climbed out the window and sat on the roof.

It was just a dream. I need to get over it. It's no big deal. Oh my God, just stop thinking about it, Kat! Think about something else. Like what? I really want to walk down to the beach but I know that Harry would be pissed if I did.

Fuck this, I'm going to the beach. I jump down off the roof and tried to be as quiet as possible. I make it to the sidewalk and walk to the beach.

I don't get in the water u just look at it. When I hear people coming toward me I run to the park nearby and hide in the big oak tree.

I sit on a branch and watch the people walk by. It was two men talking. Most likely drunk seeing as they were stumbling over their words and their feet.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I take it out to see a call coming from Harry. I already know what he's going to say.

'Where the hell are you? I told not to go out by yourself!'

I'm not going to answer. I couldn't care less if I stay here all night. In fact I might just do that. Tie myself to a tree and sleep, like Katniss. I like the idea, but I'm sure once I get back I'll never hear the end of it.

It's times like these when I wish I could just go back to my old life. Even with my dad. He never cared whether I was there or not. I could do anything I wanted.

It was then I decided to go back to my house. I'll stay there. Eventually I'll go back to Harry but for now I just want to hide out there.

I walked in the door and it was like a slap in the face. the memories hit so hard that I started to get dizzy. I walked around the whole house. The kitchen, living room, my dads room, and my room, the place where I spent most of my time for seven years.

I only now realized how tired I was. I laid down on the familiar bed and stare at the ceiling. I close my eyes and think of perfect moments I wish would happen and before I knew it, I was asleep.

***

I wake up screaming for Harry. I look around and see that I'm in my old house again. Then what happened earlier came back to me.

It's only 5:00 in the morning, I'm really tired. I can't stay here. I won't be here alone.

I get up and run out of the door. I look at my phone and see many texts and missed calls from Harry. I put it away and run to Harry's house.

When I get there it seems very quiet. I walk in quietly and see Zayn asleep on the couch. I guess they went out to look for me and Zayn stayed in case I came back.

I smile to myself and walk to Harry's room. And bury myself under the blankets and fall asleep once more.

*HARRY*

We went back to my flat after hours of looking for her. I walked in and saw Zayn asleep. I don't blame him. the other boys and myself are tired. I guess I'll let them get a little sleep before we set out again.

"Zayn, get up." Niall said.

He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Any luck?" he asked.

I shook my head. "None at all."

"What about here? Did she turn up at all?" asked Louis.

"No,"

"Get some sleep lads." I say.

I walk to my room and open the door to find Kat asleep in my bed.

"Boys, come here," I say quietly.

"What is it?" asked Liam a bit annoyed.

"Look," I point to her.

They all look relieved and confused at the same time.

"I thought you said she wasn't here." Louis said.

"She wasn't. She must've come when I was sleeping."

"Well I guess that's that," Niall said yawning. "I'm going to go back to my place and sleep for a year."

"Same," the rest said. We said our good byes quietly and they were gone.

I smiled at her and knelt down so I was face to face with her. Soft breaths coming in and out of her partly opened mouth. I pushed her hair out if her face and went to the couch so I didn't wake her.

***

READ THIS!!!

Hello, yes, it's me.

It feels like forever since I've updated.

But I updated.

Thanks for reading and voting to those of you who are voting.

I also want all of you to go listen 'Love Again' by Pentatonix. It's great! I've been listening to it over and over.

To be honest the only reason I updated is so that I could tell you guys about that song. I know it's a dumb reason but because of that song you got an update. You're welcome.

Please go listen to it it's amazing and I really love them so yeah.

And who knows, maybe I might be inspired to update by another one of their songs!!