Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hey, readers. Firstly, I want you all to keep in mind that this is just fiction and has nothing to do with real people.

The character's personalities are chosen by me and are not related to the real people out there in any way.

Secondly, I've kept the storyline away from religion.

Thirdly, I'd written this story when I was 13 or 14 years old. So please bear with the cringe you'll face every other dialogue.

Have a happy time reading.

Love,
twilight

• • •

Grace's POV

"You were trying to avoid me, weren't you?" A familiar deep voice caressed my ears from behind, and I jumped in my place.

I spun around only to come face to face with Mr Zayn Malik. His face was a few inches away from mine, his hazel eyes level with my plain chocolate brown, and his chest leaned towards me.

"Why will I?" I placed a hand on his broad shoulder and gently pushed him away. "I just came to grab a drink."

A smile tugged at his lips. "Liar, liar, pants on fire."

I stared at him with a clenched jaw. What was his problem?

"Well, well," he said as he lifted a hand to my face and caressed my cheek with the pad of his thumb. "Someone doesn't have the guts to face their fiancé; is that you I'm talking about, sweetheart?"

I pushed his hand away with a glare.

"Tell me, Grace." He again leaned closer but not as much as before. "How will you spend your whole life with me?" he asked with a crease in his brows.

"I am not afraid of you, Zayn," I said, looking him in the eye. "And get over yourself. It would be good for you."

"Good." He nodded. "A wife shouldn't be afraid of her husband."

"What has gotten into you? I am not your wife." My voice rose a pitch.

"Yet." He stepped towards me and brought his face closer to mine, so close that his warm breath fanned my face. I slightly flinched back at our proximity and the counter hit my back. I was encaged between him and the counter while there was a queue of customers on my right and a pillar on my left. My heart rate kicked up a notch, and a swarm of butterflies swirled in my belly.

While looking everywhere but him, I laid a hesitant hand on his sturdy chest and tried to push him away, but he didn't budge from his spot. What does he want?

"Why don't you accept it?" he asked.

"Accept what?" I pulled my hands away from his chest and lowered them to the hem of my shirt.

"That this"-he lifted a hand and pointed a finger at our chests-"affects you. Our closeness affects you."

"I-I see you like cracking jokes. You should be a c-comedian instead of a businessman." Why the hell did I need to stutter? Couldn't I keep up with him and this for such a short time?

"Is there a problem, miss?" A voice said from my right. "Is this man troubling you?"

I turned my head to look at the middle-aged man who had square-shaped glasses perched on his crooked nose. He was almost as tall as Zayn, but a bit lanky.

I began, "I can deal w-"

"She is my wife."

What?

Zayn gave him a deadly glare, and the man raised his hands in surrender. "Alright, buddy. Calm down." He passed a nervous smile in my way.

As Zayn's attention was diverted to him, I ducked between the two and walked past them.

A hand closed around my wrist, causing me to halt in my tracks. As he pulled me back with a tug, a gasp escaped my lips and I landed flush against his chest. My hands landed on his shoulders and his arm wrapped around my waist. My stomach churned. What was he doing?

"See you tomorrow at our wedding ceremony," he said and pushed back a stray strand of my hair behind my ear with his other hand. As I stared up at him with my eyes wide, he leaned his face to the side of my face.

"Be prepared for our wedding night." His warm breath fanned my ear. "I plan to take you rough against every corner of my room."

My breath hitched and my lips parted. Before I could say something, he placed a gentle peck on my forehead and walked away, leaving me frozen in my place.

----------

Zayn Malik?

A well-known billionaire living in an elegant mansion in New York City. He has a vast business in the country which is widely spread beyond New York.

Sad part?

He doesn't have a family as his parents died in a major accident. Though he has a kind-hearted uncle, Ethan.

Success?

Millionaire? No. He is a billionaire.
Zayn took over his father's business and worked really hard to achieve success. And now, he is at the top. In all the lists which include the richest men. Sexiest men. Arrogant men. Ruling.

Personality?

Radiates the perfect billionaire style. Arrogant, rude, ruthless with his bolshie attitude. But did I say that he is a little too flirtatious and lustful at the same time? Well, that's the truth.

Behaviour?

Can make anybody fall to his feet, begging. He doesn't forgive not does he forgets. And taking bullshit ain't in his dictionary.

Relationships?

Strange though. But the truth is the truth which speaks that Mr Zayn Malik had never been in serious relationships with women. After taking over his father's business, he didn't get time for his personal life and getting married was not his kinda thing.

But everybody has one or the other at the side. And here comes his uncle who plays the role of trying to settle the heartless billionaire with a wife. Means marriage. With?

With future Mrs Zayn Malik.

Grace Rochester.

Beautiful? Of course.
Slender with curves? Definitely.
Caring nature? No doubt.

The only daughter of her parents. A sweet, caring mom and a rich father who has recently started a business in New York City, shifting from Albany with his family.

Personality?

She is innocent, but not that much. She is a rebellious woman who knows very well how to answer back and state her opinions without a care in the world. But this doesn't mean that she doesn't respect people and disobey them. She loves others and radiates happiness wherever she goes.

Life status?

He would be his first husband. But her first love interest? Will he be?

No.

Grace has a crush on one of her college mates, Drake, and wants to get married to him. But the sad thing for her is that he hasn't proposed to her yet.

So? Will their marriage have love, romance and care or hate, fights and arguments? Let's see.

Stay tuned to know about the relationship between these two which will take their journey from hatred to love.

-------------

Hey readers.

I hope you all like the prologue and will further read this story.

Hit that little star to show your love and support. And type in your reviews about the prologue. I would appreciate your love.

Thank you.
Stay tuned.
Love you all

-peace_in_Dark