Chapter 12 - His Personal Secretary

Zayn's POV

I returned home and didn't see Grace anywhere. She was not in the bedroom nor in the living room or kitchen.

"She left." I heard Alya and stopped my footsteps as I was going to look for her on the terrace.

I turned around and found her standing behind me.
"Left?" I queried.
"Yeah, she left and that's great news! Isn't it?"

"Where did she go?" I questioned Alya.
"Maybe to her parent's house."
"What do you mean by maybe?"
"Oh come on, baby. Forget about her. She would be safe. She is not a kid." She stated.

"You should care about me. I am pregnant. And you are worried about that bi-" She continued.
"Mind your tongue, Alya." I pointed my finger towards her and walked towards the door to exit.

"Where are you going?"
"To find her." I answered.
"She would be safe somewhere! Why do you want to fool around for her?" She raised her voice.
I ignored her and gave a call on her mobile phone. It was switched off.

I gave a call to her parent's house and her mother picked up. I talked to her formally but it seemed that Grace wasn't there.
I appointed a few proficient and wise men to look for her.

Where would she be? Is she insane? How can she leave me like this? If something would happen to her or she would land in a trouble, it would be just because of me. I don't love her but at least, I should make sure that she is safe.

I returned home after midnight, despaired.
I opened the door of my bedroom and found Alya sitting on the couch. She glanced at me.

"Are you done wandering for her?"
"Go to your bedroom. I wanna sleep." I said as I jumped on my bed.
"Oh baby, don't be angry. Don't spoil your mood because of her. Our baby won't like it." She said seductively as she too jumped on my bed.

"This. Baby. Is. Not. Mine." I gritted my teeth.
"What the fuck! Who's baby is it then? I am just totally fed up of your-"
"You would know it better. I believe in what I see or remember."
"Just go to hell! You will regret your negligence one day!" She shouted and egressed my room banging the door.

Something or someone was missing in my room. I glanced at the couch and there was nobody sleeping there. I miss her presence. The sweet moments we spent yesterday were precious.
I soon drifted off into sleep as I was really tired.

-------

I woke up and headed to my office. There was no news about Grace. My wife. The first woman in my life. She is my first kiss. And I, hers. Before marriage, I was too busy in my work life that I didn't get time for my personal life to get into any relationships. And the one who is drooled by women doesn't run after them. In fact, I was irritated by those girls. One of those, Alya.

"Find her out, dammit! From anywhere. I want her here. Anyhow." I shouted on my men who were unsuccessful in finding her.

"Sir. You need to calm down. We'll find your wife soon." Jeff, the manager of a group of staff, tried to console me.

"Sir. Would you like to go through the file of the interviewees?" Jeff asked, forwarding the file as I was seated on my black, comfy chair.

"Shut the hell up! Jeff. Here. I am worried about my wife's whereabouts and you want me to look at this bullshit file. Get anybody for the job but before that, get. My. Wife." I shouted in rage while Jeff flinched.

I don't know why I was shouting. Already, a lot of men were on a mission to find Mrs Zayn Malik. And Jeff. It isn't his fault.

"If you don't want me to yell at you, Jeff. It's better you keep your mouth shut. It's all just because of the stress."
"I can understand, Sir." He stated.