Hilltop

Ann
I felt the anxiety fill every corner of my mind with whatever Negan had planned. "My lady." He opened the door for me and helped me down the two large steps. "Is there a reason you brought the whole crew?" I was surprised to see his men who must have followed him. "Just think of it as insurance."

Negan reassured as Gregory walked up to the gate to greet us. I saw Gregory act like he was in charge before, but with Negan he was kissing some major ass. "Negan. What a surprise! We weren't expecting you since we have already paid you for the week."

The weasel smiled best he could in the uncomfortable situation. "I thought we were passed all that formality." He slugged his bat over his shoulder. "Right this way." Gregory ushered some people to open the gate and Negan walked in, whistling a sweet tune.

"Boys," he turned around to face the men who had followed us. "Make yourself at home, Ann and I need to be somewhere." He walked over, slinking his arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. "We'll be back soon." He looked from them and then back to me, smiling a simpler grin. I only hoped Maggie wouldn't find out he was here. He made me sick as is, I couldn't imagine being in her position and seeing that sickening grin.

"I was serious about that dress, by the way." He let go of me as we got closer to the end of the main house. "I'm not one for walking into another person's home and stealing their things then claiming it for my own." He smirked before grabbing me by the shoulders and pressed me into the wall. "Negan, I told you I don't see you as a husband so don't even think about it." I began to protest his assumed advances.

"I only came here because I know you are worried about your people." I raised my eyebrow, unsure of what he meant. "I know those shitheads needed to take that sick pregnant one to Hilltop. She's probably still here, and knowing you, you'll want to check up on her."

I couldn't believe it. This was the first moment of dare I say it, kindness I saw in him since the day we were separated. "What's the catch?" I crossed my arms, waiting for some kind of deal to be arranged. "There isn't one. Not now, at least. Just go see her and then we are leaving. Understood?"

I looked at him for a second and before I knew it, I hugged him. I knew this was something he didn't do often, not since the virus. "Thank you." I whispered in his ear and released my grip.

Negan It felt so good

Negan
It felt so good. The feeling of her arms wrapped around me as she willingly hugged me. It was a surprise none the less. Every time I touched her since she got here it always ended in her pulling away with a sickened look in her eyes. I didn't want to be here, but this fucked up life hadn't changed her nature. She would worry for these people. So, let her see her family and shut up about it.

I stood, staring as she walked away. I wanted so badly for her to be like that all the time, for her to look at me the same way she did when I told her why we were really here. The same way she looked at me when we were together. But this is how life is now, and if I don't keep everything under control, I could lose it all. And in today's world, that's life or death.

Ann
"Ann?" Maggie had sat up from her bed and I shushed her so she would lay back down. "Don't get up. And no, you are not dreaming." I joked hoping to calm her confusion.

"Please tell me you escaped." She looked at me with pleading eyes and I didn't know what to say. "Let's not worry about him. I just wanna focus on you, how are you?" I rubbed her stomach and her eyes filled with tears. "What?" I knelt down and cupped her face. "Dr Carson is still running some tests but as of right now I'm not sure if the baby will be ok."

My stomach dropped and my head filled with memories of my own pregnancy and loss. I knew what she was going through and I couldn't help her . "I'm so sorry, Maggie." I hugged her tight and she flinched by my grip. "Sorry." I muttered softly and let go. Only now realizing how tight I held her. "It's ok. I'm just glad you are safe."

"For now, I think I will be ok. I'm doing everything I can to make sure you guys are ok, too." I tried my best to reassure her without pressing the topic too much. "Is he here?" She started to get up again and I stopped her. "Don't strain yourself." I put my hands to her shoulder. "I can handle this. Look, I already got him here to see you."

"We can fight him. We have the advantage now, he can't keep you." I shook my head, wishing she were right. "He made sure to bring his men with him, they're prepared in case anything went down."

"We have guns and people, now. We...we can overpower him and you can come home."

"I don't want to risk opening fire on these people or drawing Walkers to their gates. Hilltop isn't ready to fight Negan and if we started anything, that could result in more death and them doing something unpredictable." She only nodded her head and I knew she understood I was right. "Everything will be ok. But this fight is going to take time. Till then, all you have to do is focus on the baby."

"Be safe, Ann. We're coming back for you." I smiled and hugged her again as a tear slipped down. if this kept them safe, it was worth it.

After I had left, it was now time to find Negan. "You done with your lil family reunion." I ignored the comment and began walking to the truck. "Wait." He stopped me and handed me a bag. "Don't open it, not till we get back home."

"Home? You mean your home." I grabbed his red scarf from my pocket and tied it back around my eyes. "Lead the way." I held out my hands, waiting to leave.

I know this story is going so slow but I just wanna do a small build up till I get to the good stuff hopefully it's still an enjoyable read, has always thanks for reading and have a lovely day :)