Alone

Ann
"Shit." I muttered and stepped back behind the door of the shop to see our new dilemma. "Way to go for taking your time to browse." Negan couldn't help even now to make a joke. "Also way to go for suggesting to not bring my men." Negan looked down at me. "We can't take them, there's too many and we don't have any guns." I looked over to the truck that was now surrounded by the dozen or more walkers scratching at the windows.

"Here." I handed Negan my bag and walked back into the store. "Where on earth are you going?" Negan stayed close behind as I quietly tip toed around the back of the store. "There's an exit around here somewhere. It leads around the back alley and to another section of the plaza. I'll start a distraction and we'll sneak back around and to the truck." Negan smiled and I raised an eyebrow. "Any problems?"

"No." He smirked and opened the door for me. "Just surprised is all." I gripped the handle of my knife and got in position. "Stay behind me." I looked back at Negan and he smirked again, shaking his head. "I think I'll be just fine." He swung his bat around and walked in front of me. "Get ready." I motioned to Negan as I turned the corner and my plans were quickly throttled. "You've got to be kidding me." I huffed as I saw the parking lot swarmed with more walkers than back at the truck.

"What now, sir?" Negan jokingly remarked and I rubbed my temples, trying to think of a new plan. "Ok," I began and pressed my back to the wall. "They should scatter in a few hours. Till then we hide out in one of these stores and wait. Then we make a run for the truck." Negan nodded his head and looked back at the parking lot. "One thing though, how are we supposed to get past them?"

"I hope you have a strong stomach." Negan raised an eyebrow and I chuckled.

I waved my arms back and forth to catch the attention of a walker that was furthest from the swarm. Thankfully, its dead eyes found me as it began to slump towards us. "Sorry." I mouthed, gently putting the walker down. As it fell to the ground, I opened up the front of the shirt and stuck my knife right in. There was no time to waste. "What are you doing?" Negan questioned. I waved him off as I started to collect some of the guts and blood. "It's alil trick, now here." I handed him a handful of guts and he stepped back, scrunching up his nose in disgust.

"You can beat someone's brains into pulp...but you can't slather yourself in some blood to save yourself?" I stopped and looked up at him as he glanced from me to the body. "Fine. But I'm not getting it on the leather." He began taking off his jacket and I stuffed it in my bag.

"Hold your breath." I smiled and began to rub the blood all over him as he made a retched expression. "It's not that bad." I laughed at how grossed out he was being. "Just hurry up." He ordered and I removed my hands, flicking off any extra tid bits. "Now stay close." I grabbed his hand and lead the way as we walked amongst the dead. "Don't panic. Just stay calm." I whispered as much as I could.

"I am calm." Negan huffed in a reply. I tried the first door we came upon. "Damn." I cursed. We inched our way closer to the next door. "Yes." I slowly opened the door to a small store and pushed Negan in first then myself, shutting the door and locking it behind us." Ew." I heard Negan mutter behind me as I drew the blinds of the store and checked for any more surprises.

"Relax you, baby." I walked over to ruffle through my bag, thankful I had picked up some extra pair of clothes. "Thought you might needs these at some point." He grabbed the plain T and began to undress as I did the same. "I have to admit, even though this is a horrible trip, it does have a nice view." He smirked behind me as I rolled my eyes and pulled off my reeking soaked shirt. "It sure is better than mine." I turned around as Negan flipped me off and pulled off his own shirt.

Negan
"I hope you are happy." I sat propped up against the door. "Oh yes, because being stuck in a store with you is just how I wanted to my spend my day."

Ann scoffed as she let go of the blinds and walked over to me. "Are they still out there?" I looked up at her as she plopped down opposite of me. "Yeah, but a lot of them scattered. They should be gone come morning." She leaned up and started to rummage through her bag.

"Why didn't we just do that whole guts costume thing and run for the truck?" I looked at her as she didn't bother looking up from the bag. "They would have noticed our movement, they'd of caught on." She grabbed a water bottle from her bag and tossed it to me. "We'll go first thing in the morning." She leaned back into the wall as she opened her own bottle, taking a heavy sip.

"You look tired, why don't you get some rest and I'll do first watch." I finished rubbing my eyes and looked up at Ann.

"Why? So you can take the truck at first chance and leave me here?" She laughed and shook her head. "If I'm gonna escape, I'm gonna see your face of shock when I do." She smiled, taking another gulp of her vodka straight from the bottle. I returned the chuckle but wondered if it was true, if she'd find a way to leave and I'd be left in the dust. "I think," I leaned over and grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the  same bag. "I'll take a few shots of this and figure it out later." I opened the bottle and took a sip of the liquid, taking it back like a champ.

"I'll drink to that." She leaned over and clinked her bottle with mine with a tired smile. "I suppose it could be worse." I was at least happy Ann was with me. Maybe this could be fun.

What do you guys think? Vote and comment if you like to see where these two go has always thanks for reading and have a lovely night :)